Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FLOODED WITH BROCOINER TROJAN!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BK201

BK201

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

As I have said in the title I am being flooded by this trojan, yesterday I was hit with a different bitcoin miner that got my whole pc infected and installed a bunch of files onto my directory so I did a complete reinstall of win 10 (got win10 from official windows website), and now im being flooded by this coining trojan that im getting from Firefox itself! This trojan is spamming itself onto the pc every few minutes, I shut down Firefox and so far I didnt get anything yet, what I tried to do to fix is is Firefox refresh but it didnt do anything to fix this.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

Mod Edit Moved from Win 10 to Am I Infected `` boopme

Attached Files

Edited by boopme, 13 January 2018 - 10:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

This is the JavaScript code, it does not install itself and is simply deleted by Windows Defender Antivirus upon detection. This code might be detected multiple times during a short period if the page containing it is kept open or revisited.

If you are not running Windows defender I would suggest uninstall any other antivirus program you have installed and run the Defender.

Use Cloud protection to help guard against the latest malware threats. It’s turned on by default for  Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10.

To be sure that Cloud Protection is running go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & threat protection.  Make sure that your Cloud-based Protection settings is turned On.

Edit:  You may want to try a different browser for a short time.

Edited by dc3, 13 January 2018 - 10:32 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BK201

BK201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

Hey,

Yea i opened the same tabs in edge that i have open in Firefox and im not getting the trojan on here.

#4 BK201

BK201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Also what would be your reasons to use windows defender over something like emsisoft for example? just curious ^^

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

Also what would be your reasons to use windows defender over something like emsisoft for example? just curious ^^

Because Windows Defender is aimed at removing this Jave script code.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 BK201

BK201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

Because Windows Defender is aimed at removing this Jave script code.

Good enough for me ^^, Ill try out Edge again, give it ago after some time will see how it goes, thanks for the fast reply and your help ^^, I was worried the trojan injected itself in the system like it did yesterday with a different bitcoin miner virus if your interested what it was it was this https://github.com/jwinterm/monerospelunker however I have no idea how it got installed since i didnt install anything suspicious, only from legit sources steam, reputable torrents, etc. Be sure to be careful with that virus though, for me what happened is that it created about 5 folders named after big anti virus companies in the directory.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Reputable torrents?!?  We are talking about peer to peer file sharing where you are downloading files that you have absolutely no idea what "extra" junk comes with it, like malware.  This is one of the fastest ways I know to become infected.  A lot of the files are for programs which have been "cracked", these are not legal and usually have added "extra" junk that you truly don't want on your computer.  If you have cracked programs installed on this computer I would suggest not mentioning that you do since we do not provide help with cracked software.  One of our forum rules is as follow... No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

#8 BK201

BK201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Oh well torrenting is legal where im from (europe is nice when it comes to torrenting) but okey, will remember. Thanks for the help anyways ^^

Edited by BK201, 13 January 2018 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users