Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rebate nonsense

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Wow, am I impressed. I just got an email from Asus informing me that my rebate "card" (?) is "currently being processed" and I will receive another email when it is mailed to me.

I built my new computer March 2017. This is January 2018. 

By now I had forgotten they owed me a rebate on my new Asus mainboard.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Everything comes to he who waits !  What's 10 months between friends ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:39 PM

.....and the moral of the story is.....Don't hold your breath !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

I wish I could come up with a really snarkey, clever thing to say about Asus, but you guys have pretty well covered the subject. I guess, don't mess with Scotland or Aussie-land!

By the way...(off-topic warning) I'm taking the family to Australia for 2 weeks; I am finally going to dive the Great Barrier Reef, which has been in my bucket list for many years!!

Next year, Scotland, where my father's family originated. Got to get myself a kilt and one of those big broadswords like in Braveheart!!

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

The last motherboard I bought came with a rebate and I finally received it 2.5 years later.

The rebate people are never in any hurry and I figured I was lucky to even have received any rebate.

I don't have much faith in product rebates as most of them never are processed and are just bait to buy a vendor product.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

Got to get myself a kilt and one of those big broadswords like in Braveheart!!

No problems with the kilt but if you really want to acquire a claymore ('claidheamh-mòr' in the Gaelic) have it shipped home. Our police are hell on edged weapons, they don't like firearms either, and airport security is even worse !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users