Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware From Bleepingcomputer.com

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

I've gotten some viruses latrely which norton got and i delted them. But I still get pop-ups from internet explorer (and i use mozilla firefox as my web browser). So I scan my computer for spyware and it keeps finding junk form this website even though I've never been to it before. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it I can give you where the critical object came from. Virtumonde/Vundo, http://www.bleepingcomputers.com/forums/topic18610.html adware variant.
Thanks for at least looking
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

Are you serious? If you think you are getting malware that originated from this site, why would you deliberately come here? What sort of scanner tells you what site you got infected on? Anyway, Bleeping Computer has a selfhelp guide at the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image
Ya its hard to see but thats what it came up with. I know it seems like a lousy spyware removing program and it is, but i get a blue screen whenever I run ad-ware SE personal since I reformated my hard drive. Oh and thanks for that vundo remover link it really worked well got rid of like 6 things and i havn't gotten a pop up and my computer is running faster.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

That program appears to have identified the infection correctly and then told you where to go to get rid of it. The link in your first post had one extra letter in it, otherwise the same address as I gave you. Glad the fix worked for you.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

What strikes me as really strange here is the website address that your anti-spyware program showed matches the website address of the self-help guide buddy215 provided you with.

Now if BleepingComputer were really the source of the infection, you would have been reinfected by opening the page to follow the removal instructions.

Is it possible that the anti-spyware program was actually leading you to a site for removing the infection?

Are you certain that you never visited that site before? Because it occurs to me if the site were in your browser cache or history, that the program gave you a false positive based on wording in the site.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I've never been to this site. Even when it brought it up I thought it sounded kind of funny :thumbsup: . Maybe it was telling me to come here, such as a possible thing where people who have gotten the same thing went here to fix it? Well this site is pretty sweet and whenever I have computer problems I'm checking here.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

I just contacted evonsoft to have them add that its a removal guide in their definitions. Hopefully they will add this so other customers of their do not get the wrong idea about BC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users