Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis True Image 2014 stuck in internal loop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dc2000

dc2000

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I'm having a lot of trouble with Acronis True Image 2014. I set it up to do backups of my desktop but since about a week ago it started showing that the external backup disk is full. OK. So I went into settings to see why. (Obviously I thought that I set it up to delete old backups in the settings.)

Unfortunately the UI doesn't let me apply any changes. First off the process runs at high CPU utilization and then it just hangs up if I click Save, and I have to kill it with the Task Manager to make it stop. I recorded a GIF sequence to show what happens.

So my first step was to contact Acronis support. But they told me that they provide support only for the first 90 days since I purchased their product. So obviously that didn't work. (I'm not paying any more for their buggy product!)

I then posted this same question on their support forum. But that also didn't go anywhere. I got a very generic response and then got banned, evidently for criticizing their software. :)

So my question, does anyone know how to fix this? Or at least where does Acronis store its settings? I can modify it via Registry or a settings file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users