Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I canít access my pc!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Help! Somebody! My pc has a repetitive issue where I cant use it now. It keeps doing a scan and running into a problem, it does it again, and now it takes me to the Advanced options but no matter what I do, nothing fixes the problem. My pc internet is also very slow, I really need help with this. Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by ToxicGhost57, 12 January 2018 - 10:11 PM.
Moved to BSOD since there is clear evidence of one

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Please do the following.

How to force Windows to open the Recovery options.

1. Press the power button to start the computer.  When Windows begins to boot press and hold the power button until the computer turns off.  This usually will take two or three restarts to do this.  Continue to do this until you see Recovery, select the See advanced repair options.  

2. You will see the option Troubleshoot, select this option.

3. The next option you want is Reset this PC.

This option will reinstall the operating system with the option to keep your personal files.  The downside of this is that this will uninstall all of your third party applications.  There will be an option to view the applications which will be uninstalled, I would suggest copying this list for a future reference.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,435 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

I suggest begin by downloading SeaTools for DOS. Then burn it to a CD, boot to it, and run it.

Edited by Allan, 13 January 2018 - 10:04 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

I suggest begin by downloading SeaTools for DOS. Then burn it to a CD, boot to it, and run it.

The CD you create will be a bootable disc.  This means that you will need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the ssd/hdd is the second device.  Don't forget the press the F10 key to save your changes before you exit the BIOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

Alright I’ll try. Thanks guys.

#6 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Please do the following. How to force Windows to open the Recovery options.1. Press the power button to start the computer.  When Windows begins to boot press and hold the power button until the computer turns off.  This usually will take two or three restarts to do this.  Continue to do this until you see Recovery, select the See advanced repair options.  2. You will see the option Troubleshoot, select this option.3. The next option you want is Reset this PC.This option will reinstall the operating system with the option to keep your personal files.  The downside of this is that this will uninstall all of your third party applications.  There will be an option to view the applications which will be uninstalled, I would suggest copying this list for a future reference.

There was a problem resetting the pc.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,435 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

#8 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

I think the problem is that there is a virus preventing me from doing anything. Any of the options I do it says it didnt work and nothing was changed.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

As Allan suggested you should run the SeatTools for DOS.  A failing ssd/hdd has similar symptoms to what you are experiencing.

If the drive passes the test we will suggest security scans to see if there is any malware causing this problem.

#10 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

I fixed it but theres a strange issue that I cant stand on computers. If I try to move or delete something, it says that I need permission to do so. Well how wouldnt I have permission if Im the only admin of the computer?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

This is the Windows 10 UAC (User Account Control) which can be found in the Control Panel under User Accounts.

Open User Accounts in the Control Panel.

Under Make changes to your User Account click/tap on Change User Account settings.

You will see a slide-pot which runs from Always notify to Never notify.  You can slide the pot toward the bottom to decrease or stop these notification.  I would suggest not stopping the notifications as this will effect your security software's ability to be as effective as it would normally be.

#12 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

I dont mean the notifications, it wont let me delete it because it says I dont have permission, if I click try again it wont work.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

I did not suggest deleting anything.  I suggested resetting the UAC to a lower level to stop the frequency of these message.

You should see a image like the one below.  Place the mouse pointer in the middle of the slide and move it up or down to change the level of the settings.

Attached File  uac settings.PNG   19.35KB   0 downloads

#14 ToxicGhost57

ToxicGhost57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Ill do that but what I mean is that when I want to delete or move any file it says that I dont have permission and it wont let me do it. But Ill see if this works.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,766 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

Is the following the message you are receiving?

Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users