Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

standby flashing/ odd whites screen problem!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickjett

nickjett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hi, i have a problem with my pc.

Every day it takes me over half an hour to get the pc to work. First the monitor will not turn on. The standby light just flashes. I have recorded some videos to make it easier to see the problem. This will do this all day unless i turn the pc off and on again.

So ten minutes later i turn the pc off and on again and this will happen.

As you can see the pc is booting up but the screen goes a funny white. Then back to standby flashing again.

Normally though i dont let the pc boot up like i have just shown you. I just wanted to show you what happens if i do nothing.

If i turn the pc on and keep pressing f12 to go into boot options then this will happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qziKkaWq5g

Normally on start up the pc would just do the flashing standby thing untill reaching the boot settings. But because ive recorded the last two videos the pc has warmed up or something has what ever is wrong with it.

As you can see the screen goes very white normally i would leave this for about half an hour.

15 minutes later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOzSaYuFVpo

Oh no not warmed up enough

30 minutes later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Q3PjIFT9w

I thought hadnt warmed up enough but, it does load allthough very slowly. Didnt realize my pc took so long to boot haha

Anyways does anyone have a clue what is wrong with it?

Edited by nickjett, 12 January 2018 - 07:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Try another monitor, if it does that again, the issue is either a bad video cable or your video card

#3 nickjett

nickjett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

I've tried using my tv, that doesn't work. Originally the pc came with a graphics card, I thought it could be that. So I took it out and used internal motherboards. Still the same.

I've also tries using HDMI, instead of vga and it still happens.

#4 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

You need to connect it to a known working monitor, if that borrowed monitor works then that will mean that your monitor is doa.

Don't you have a friend or a relative that will let you use their monitor for a few minutes?

Edited by Joe C, 13 January 2018 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users