Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to allocate more RAM memory into video memory.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roccob

roccob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, a Windows 10 operating system, a 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7400 processor. So I am very new to pc gaming and all of that, and have just recently bought a pc about 3 days ago. On pc, I was really looking forward to playing rainbow six siege, since I had played it on Xbox for a while, and I downloaded it on steam. So I get into a game and start messing with my graphics settings ,and  I see that I only 128 MB of video memory while Rainbow Six Siege needs around 1.5 GB of dedicated video memory for worth while gameplay. I have tried so much to try and allocate at least  2 GB of my available 8GB Ram memory to dedicated video memory, but nothing has really worked at all. Please, I need help with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

not system memory, it's your GPU memory

You should have either  3gb or 6 gb GDDR5  memory on your video card

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1060/

Are you sure your video cable is plugged into your GPU or is it in the on board video?

Edited by Joe C, 12 January 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

i built a system and put a gtx 1050 ti card in it for my son, he took it home and had the same problem.  we then troubleshoot over the phone because he lives 45 miles away. and he plugged the video cable into the motherboard and not the gtx card by mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users