Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows wireless service help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocin17

ocin17

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Hello everyone,

I been having a problem with my laptop recently. I have Windows 7. I have been using intel My Wifi Technology to connect to the internet once my laptop stopped automatically connecting to the wifi.

Once I enabled intel My Wifi Technology, after like 10 minutes, windows wireless service will suddenly stop. Then, I need to use troubleshoot to get windows wireless service running again. This is quite annoying and a waste of precious time.

Can anyone please help me find a step-by-step solution for this problem? I'm not a computer expert but I'm familiar enough. I want this to stop happening like it has always been a few months ago. 

I appreciate any help. Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

Annoying indeed !

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

i would uninstall the wireless service software for the device and let windows manage it.  you just want the drivers for the wifi device installed and not anything else. that way windows will control it.

what model is  your computer and what wifi device is it using?

Edited by mightywiz, 15 January 2018 - 06:07 PM.

#4 ocin17

ocin17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

The model of my computer is Samsung NP300E5A-A01UB. As for the wifi device, I am using ZyXEL C1100Z Wireless Gateway. I have no other problems with my kindle and smartphones with the wifi. I have been using that router for over a year now. This problem started like last month.

My friend did tell me to find my wlan controller, and right click properties, and disable "allow Windows to turn off this device to save power". I don't really no what the wlan controller is.

Ok, I have uninstalled my old wifi driver. I somewhat installed new wifi drivers from Samsung's website. Rebooted and I am testing it out. Seems smooth so far.

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2018 - 09:05 AM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users