Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Original XBox 360 to 720p TV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zombiewhacker

zombiewhacker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Recently I connected my original Xbox 360 to a new 720p 24 inch TV using the coaxial cables which came with the console.  Previously my 360 was hooked up to an old CRT, so I expected this to be a significant upgrade for me.

Unfortunately, my 360's output is displayed as a smaller window on the new 24 inch screen, surrounded by black borders on all sides.  If I go into the 360's display settings, the HDTV option is grayed out, and neither of the remaining display choices will enable the 360 to use the TV's whole screen.

I'm assuming the coaxial connection is the issue here.  Is there a connecting cable available for the 360 that will allow it to display in full HDTV?  An HDMI cable would certainly do the trick, but I don't think the original 360 has an HDMI-out port.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Are these the the cables you're using?

71%2Bc8A3QLBL._SX342_.jpg

If not; this is likely what you're looking for. Component video should enable an HDTV to work just fine. If you look on the TV there should be a component section with the matching coloured component connections. They're usually Red/Green/Blue that should look, sort of, like this. The layout will, obviously, vary from TV to TV. The video will be the Red/Green/Blue and the separate White/Red will be audio.

B003VQQVDK.02.lg.jpg

You can pick up the component cables at an electronics store or you may have to go on eBay/Amazon as it may be outdated.

If you are using this cable already, the switch may be in the wrong location. There's a switch on the plug itself that alternated between TV and HDTV to allow for both inputs (this is why the cable features both the Red/Green/Blue and the White/Yellow/Red connectors. The Yellow is the video for standard def, and again the White/Red are audio. 

8261D9F9-DEA3-438D-925E-DF63C6490034.jpg

Good luck hope this helps!

Edited by C0bra, 19 January 2018 - 01:34 PM.

| IT Service Tech | A+ Certified | Computer Gamer | iPhone Expert |

nIDwkQT.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users