Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Code 43 in Device Manager - Nvidia GPU GTX 1050 - Laptop HP Omen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vk379

vk379

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

Hey,

So I was just gaming this morning on Guild wars 2 when all of a sudden my computer froze.

No big deal, did a quick reboot and my game was lagging, so I tried to go into Nvidia Control Panel, and it said no Nvidia Device Found!

So I checked device manager and got error code #43. This Device has reported Problems. So I tried rebooting again, it was still there.

I right clicked it, pressed disable, and then enabled, and then scanned for hardware changes. Then rebooted, Boom, it started working normally. I played gw2 for about 30 minutes, there haven't been any other freezes or anything. 

My questions to whoever's reading this are...  

1. Is this a temporary fix or a permanent one? And will this error come back and if so how do we prevent it? 

2. Should I update my device driver for my GPU? I haven't bothered updating it since August of 2017 according to the logs. 

So bit of background , I have an HP Omen laptop I purchased in August, I don't really do windows or software updates... because I feel like they cause more problems than actually help. Any tech forum you look there's always posts about a software update hurting a system. So I haven't really done any updates because my system was working fine with no issues. Now, the computer is about 5 months old.. barely so I don't think the hardware (Nvidia GPU GTX 1050) is the issue. Is updating the device software and doing windows update a potential solution? And should I be doing it? 

Any and all comments are highly appreciated, this is a really interesting issue and I'd really like to learn more about it! 

Thanks a bunch ! 

TLDR: I got error code 43 on my Nvidia GPU, what do I do? :D 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

I think you are on the right track with updating the drivers, it is not so much they get out dated as the device has not changed but other factors do.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 vk379

vk379
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Alright, I'll update the system and it's drivers then. Hopefully nothing bad will happen, I get really nervous when I do updates is all LOL. 

Any other ideas, please let me know. :) 

Edited by vk379, 12 January 2018 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users