Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing secondary HDD and reloading that HDD's image

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Hi All,

Never had to use the back up files from Macrium Reflect 7 or any back up but sure glad I have it now. I have a failing secondary drive. The system is set up like this.  SSD as primary with OS...SATA 1TB as the home for all my files...and then a SATA 4TB as the back up drive for Macrium and the other 2 drives and also a few other files I want in a few places. The main 1TB HDD is failing and I have a new one arriving tomorrow. I tried to drag and drop everything on the 4 TB drive but it hangs. Got 70% done and it took an entire day. I looked at the back up files on Macrium and everything is there as well as a total back up and also partial back ups. I can still access the failing drive but it is very slow and it is on it's way out totally with rapid vigor...I want to now the best suggested way to transfer the files to the new drive I put in. Is it as easy as just pointing to the back up file and then dragging it to the new empty drive and it will work? Seems like that is what I am reading. How do I know I have actually grabbed all files when I have to remove the old drive and won't be able to cross check which is why I was dragging and dropping files all day?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users