Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 32bit???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 john11139

john11139

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

I just got a new HP laptop with windows 10.  I have been running Windows 7 with 32 bit.  I have some old DOS programs (probably 16 bit)  They work fine.  I cant find any replacement for them and cant give them up.  ( Pay roll and bookkeeping for 20 years)  Is there anyway that windows could be installed on it and get all the drivers.  Some say if I have windows 10 32 bit loaded on it will work but I don't  think it will.  I tried running it on a friends computer with win 10 32 bit and couldn't get it to work.  I hate to keep two computers as most suggested.  Will 7 load on it and what will happen if I try it?.  Could I revert back?   Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Dual booting or virtual machine would be two possible options.  However, if these programs are "mission critical" you need to look for a replacement as this problem is only going to get worse as time goes on.

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

Well you could ways try dosbox for those old apps, 64bit is backwards compatible to 32bit and below but windows itself always phases out old apps.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users