Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doom mods and maps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dantethepandaa

dantethepandaa

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

So, I am a huge Doom fan. It ranked number 2 in my top ten games of all time, and is probably the greatest engine ever made. The mods are great too. But I've been getting tired of the same old Brutal Doom and Beautiful Doom mods are starting to bore me. Thus, I decided to download the 2016 cacoward winner, Comatose. I played it, and thought it just changed the gameplay a little, but after quitting and researching it, it turned out it had it's own map and everything! I downloaded a new version that said it had the map, but the only things available were the original 4 doom levels! Now, I think I might know the problem, but not how to fix it. Whenever I boot up a game, it doesn't say Doom 2 or GZDOOM, it says ULTIMATE DOOM- a Steam game I bought. I suspect my FreeDoom/GZDOOM isn't running it- my Steam Game is. Can anybody help me make these maps work?

P.S. I tried multiple different maps/ mods, this happened with everyone except Pirate Doom, which had a fatal error. Also, I can't play Zandronum online with other players.

Thanks in advance, A Concerned Pandaa.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dantethepandaa

dantethepandaa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Anyone help me?

#3 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Are you manually installing the mods or using steam workshop? It just sounds like you installed them incorrectly. Unfortunately, unless anyone here has any specific experience with said mods, you may be out of luck finding an answer here. You'd be better asking on Steam in the games discussion boards, this will yield other players who have actual hands on experience with the particular game. If the mod has a website/forum that too may be the best place to ask. 

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users