Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

message 0x800700005 (in attachment) - my first post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Burgos925

Burgos925

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

After Windows attempted a System Restore, the message in my attachment appeared.  

If someone can suggest a way to complete my System Restore, I would appreciate it. 

(I am using a Dell 3847 computer with 12 GB of memory and a processing speed of 3 GHz.)

The reason I want a System Restore is because my display started intermittently to jitter and blur.  Windows Defender scanned my computer completely and said that "no action is needed."

Before attempting the System Restore, I turned off CCleaner and Windows Defender.

Attached Files

Edited by Burgos925, 11 January 2018 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

try starting systems restore in safe mode

#3 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

as for the jittery and blurry display....there could be many reasons this is happening all depending on many things like graphics card, display settings...ect.. did you make changes and then it started. I do a lot of detailed work and displays are my specialty so I might be able to head you in the right direction to correct this issue

#4 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

at first start...you might want to unplug the display on both ends and replug just to make sure everything is seated properly...power cord too.

#5 Burgos925

Burgos925
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Yes, after starting in Safe Mode, the computer was able to successfully complete a System Restore.  I've opened Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Word and have not noticed any jitter or blur yet.  As far as the time line of the jitter and blur is concerned, I did not notice any correlation of the jitter and blur to installing a new program or opening a download.

Edited by Burgos925, 11 January 2018 - 12:57 PM.

#6 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

this is good for you...you might also want to go to control panel and get into the display tab area...look around and check out the refresh rate and all that stuff...as well as go into the monitor controls themselves like deguasse (I know this is spelled wrong) and other options you might have

#7 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

also, have you rebooted just to make sure everything takes and that the screen is stable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users