Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Roaming profiles - server 2008R2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 itninja1510

itninja1510

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

Hi guys,

I got roaming profiles deployed using AD profile path. not using folder redirection.

Profile all saving in a server- network shared folder. inside the folder, for each user, it has many versions. what does it mean ? why it is creating many versions ? is it ok to delete old versions ? 

For eg. for userA, there are folders like.   userA.v1 , userA.v2, userA.v3

right now drive in the server is running out of space, i need to clear some space straightaway, so is it ok to delete userA.V1 ? i mean ok to delete all versions except latest version number. 

Could anyone plz help me with this. 

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

You may want to go in and check the settings for that Group Policy and make sure it is configured correctly. If you are setting the profile path through AD, make sure you are setting the userprofile variable correctly.

In either case, the profile settings are in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users