Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2003 Permissions Issue: Clip Art .wmf

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mylogicistechno

mylogicistechno

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:58 AM

Hi, all. I'm a student worker assistant systems technician for my college. We're having issues with the clip art in Microsoft Word 2003. Local admins are able to insert any image with no problems, but domain users can only insert GIFs and JPEGs. Any attempt to insert a WMF (windows metafile) image brings up the message: "Error: Not a valid embedded object."

I have been researching this for awhile and haven't found a solution that has worked. I have played with permissions quite a bit with no success. It appears that other colleges and similar places have had the same problem, although the few solutions I've come across have been unsuccessful. Any insight would be more than helpful.

Thanks.

-Alison
"My eyes divide the skies
as sirens sound in Heaven
My will brings down the moon
and shatters it to pieces"
Assemblage 23 - Divide

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

Have you seen and tried that the user did here for temporary internet files permissions?

http://www.ureader.com/message/382378.aspx

#3 mylogicistechno

mylogicistechno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

Have you seen and tried that the user did here for temporary internet files permissions?

http://www.ureader.com/message/382378.aspx

These past few weeks have been busy at the office, but my boss and I finally got the chance to sit down and play around with some of the suggestions on the link you gave me. In the end, we got it to work, so thank you for the link. :thumbsup:

Case closed.
"My eyes divide the skies
as sirens sound in Heaven
My will brings down the moon
and shatters it to pieces"
Assemblage 23 - Divide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users