Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD Problems

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GHNeko

GHNeko

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/j0Lw6GI4dehlGHAJ6WIQfts

I'd post more information about the problem, but i get lock ups within as much as 3 mins to as long as 1hr+.

Thank you in advance for any help.

EDIT: Here are the things I've done so far since making this thread.

I have:

Run a single memtest. 100% pass no errors.

Taking out a single ram card; eventually got a crash.

Taken that single ram card out and tried the other card solo; eventually got a crash.

Reset CMOS.

Updated BIOS.

Defaulted clock speeds but added voltage to CPU.

Updated drivers of various things (not everything)

Uninstalled recently installed drivers for devices I'm not regularly using.

Tried to driver verify. Ended up with me getting a BSOD Loop during the windows boot sequence. Had to boot into safe mode to disable Driver Verify.

Done a check disk.

Used CCleaner to fix errors with the registry.

and a few other things based off of the event log.

The very last thing I want to do is reinstall Windows 8 because I have no back ups and my NAS drives died so I couldnt even attempt to back up now even if i wanted to.

I had no restore points prior to this problem for reasons beyond me.

Right now I moved the RAM cards from slots 2/4 to 1/3 to see if that makes a difference.

I did not re-insert my CPU because its under an AIO cooler so I wanted to exhaust other methods of addressing the problem before I take to reslotting my CPU.

ATM my case is open so my CPU is sitting at around 24 degrees C according to the hardware thermostat on the motherboard itself.

The PC seems to last the longest under light loads. It seems like anything that spikes the load increases the odds of the lock up.

At one point, the PC locked up while watching some videos in YT (Cyberfox - AMD x64 build) and the video sound continued playing even though the screen and my keyboard were unresponsive.

I read the contents of this ( https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/666823/clock-watchdog-timeout-101-on-asus-maximus-vii-hero-i7/ ) thread and aside from the processor type and the reinstalling of windows, he's basically having the same issues as me.

I have not run Prime95 though. Nor I have i tested how stable my PC is under safe mode.

I'm going to attempt to lower the maxmium power of my CPU and see if that helps.

Slowly growing to feel that the problem does lie with the CPU even though I bought the CPU back in March, but I didn't assemble and use it until May 2017. It had been running with a slight overclock since may, and i bumped it up further to 4GHz a few months later with no problems. I used the motherboard's OCing utility and A-XMP profiles to prevent user error and stick to what the motherboard manufacturer dictates is compatible and legitimate. The RAM is certified for max compatibility with the motherboard as well.

The HDD is carrying an OS installation from my previous setup with was an AMD 4300 with an Nvidia 750Ti so I have been using this HDD for a while now. I mirrored the partition from an older HDD onto this SSD. So the installation is older than this SSD.

I know I should have backed it up and I did, but my NAS died and i havnt been able to replace it since it was out of warranty.

Not sure what else to do at this point. It's putting my at my wit's end.

EDIT2: Reduced my throttle to 80-90 via Power Management and tried to look at my computer status using SiSoftware. Got another Clock_Watchdog_Time out. Will tryout 70-80% through power management.

EDIT3: 6:17 AM. Going to go to bed and let memtest run while I sleep. I'll post the results when I wake up.

Attached Files

Edited by GHNeko, 11 January 2018 - 07:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.
Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

Please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.
I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.
If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.

Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:
- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.
- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).

And here's the analysis:

Please remove the overclock while testing.

In most cases the only way to test an overclock is to remove it and see if that makes the system stable again.
Also, our techniques are based on "stock" systems - so overclocking may generate problems that we can't predict/analyze/fix.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1.90) dates from 2017.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 4 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?
The purpose of this question is to get you to evaluate your PSU.
- PSU's tend to get less efficient with age
- adding components over time may decrease the ability of the PSU to support the entire system (Maybe remove some stuff to see if that helps?)
- while you can measure the output of a PSU with a multimeter, the readings may change dramatically when the PSU is put under load.  PSU testing instructions (by dc3) here:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654994/pc-is-crashingfreezing-up-multiple-times-daily/page-2#entry4341756
- there's a free PSU test in the OCCT program at http://www.ocbase.com/

This device has problems in Device Manager:

H100iGTX Cooler    USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03\7289_1.0    The drivers for this device are not installed.

Please install the latest compatible drivers for this device.

MSI Afterburner (along with EVGA Precision and Riva Tuner) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!
If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Please update these older drivers.  Links are provided in order to assist you with looking up the source of the drivers.  
If unable to find an update, please uninstall the program that is responsible for that driver.  

DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!!!:

MarvinBus64.sys                Fri Sep 23 17:17:03 2005 (433470CF)
likely a part of Pinnacle Studio's Marvin Bus http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Support/Consumer+Support/?viewDownload=1
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MarvinBus64.sys

pwdrvio.sys                    Mon Jun 15 21:43:45 2009 (4A36F8D1)
MiniTool Partition Wizard http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=pwdrvio.sys

ScpVBus.sys                    Sun May  5 17:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE)
Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?pid=186161#pid186161
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ScpVBus.sys

Please uninstall the MSI SuperCharger program.  It's driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

Beyond that, here's my suggestions to rule out hardware problems:

My suggested way to diagnose a hardware problem (3 steps):

Step #1)  Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
    Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.
    FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
        2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
        3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
        4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
        5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
        6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
          - A - simtek.org memtest
          - B - Video memory stress test
          - C - Artifact Locator
          - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
          - E - Video Memory Stress Test
        7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

Step #2)  If all the tests pass, then try to perform a clean install of Windows:

A clean install is:
        - Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
        - The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
        - Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
        - NO 3rd party software is installed.
        - There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).
         - The BIOS/UEFI is updated to the latest available version (this presumes that the system is compatible w/Windows 10 also).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
        Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image.  You can also do this if you don't want to try another hard drive - yet you want to be able to return to the current system state.
        One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them [:(]
        Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
        But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
        The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
        You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
        - rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
        - rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
        - so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Step #3)  Then, if the clean install confirms the hardware problem, try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Wed Jan 10 22:40:38.509 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-11843-01.dmp]
Windows 8.1 Kernel Version 9600 MP (16 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.18895.amd64fre.winblue_ltsb.180101-1800
System Uptime:0 days 0:07:05.184
Probably caused by :Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd001cd5c0180, 1}
BugCheck Info: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000c, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: ffffd001cd5c0180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000001, The index of the hung processor.
BUGCHECK_STR:  CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_10_PROC
PROCESS_NAME:  explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_10_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE!unknown_function
  BIOS Version                  1.90
  BIOS Release Date             09/19/2017
  Manufacturer                  Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
  Product Name                  MS-7A31
  Baseboard Product             X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31)
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Wed Jan 10 20:20:26.843 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-20500-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:06:17.516
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd0003ebc2180, 3}
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000c, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg3: ffffd0003ebc2180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, The index of the hung processor.
PROCESS_NAME:  csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_10_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE!unknown_function
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Wed Jan 10 20:09:36.453 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-20546-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:05:54.126
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd001bed23180, 6}
Arguments:
Arg3: ffffd001bed23180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000006, The index of the hung processor.
PROCESS_NAME:  WmiPrvSE.exe
**************************Wed Jan 10 20:01:32.048 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-26031-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:08.785
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ViGenericDriverEntry+0 )
BugCheck C9, {21f, fffff8028e500934, ffffcf8054286dc0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000021f, A driver has not filled out a dispatch routine for a required IRP major function.
Arg2: fffff8028e500934, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: ffffcf8054286dc0, IRP address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc9_21f
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc9_21f_VRF_nt!ViGenericDriverEntry
**************************Wed Jan 10 18:55:27.335 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-20718-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:37:06.457
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd001586c0180, 9}
Arguments:
Arg3: ffffd001586c0180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000009, The index of the hung processor.
**************************Wed Jan 10 17:00:15.453 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-49062-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:11:41.469
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd001815b8180, 3}
Arguments:
Arg3: ffffd001815b8180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, The index of the hung processor.
  BIOS Version                  1.70
  BIOS Release Date             06/21/2017
  Manufacturer                  Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
**************************Wed Jan 10 16:47:51.529 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\011018-12421-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:13:29.188
BugCheck 101, {c, 0, ffffd001fadc2180, 2}
Arguments:
Arg3: ffffd001fadc2180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, The index of the hung processor.
PROCESS_NAME:  puush.exe
  BIOS Version                  1.70
  BIOS Release Date             06/21/2017
  Manufacturer                  Micro-Star International Co., Ltd

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Wed Jan 10 22:40:38.509 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKsl3df369f1.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
MarvinBus64.sys                Fri Sep 23 17:17:03 2005 (433470CF)
pwdrvio.sys                    Mon Jun 15 21:43:45 2009 (4A36F8D1)
ScpVBus.sys                    Sun May  5 17:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE)
xusb22.sys                     Tue Mar 18 04:18:41 2014 (53280161)
amd_sata.sys                   Thu Mar 19 02:43:08 2015 (550A6FFC)
amd_xata.sys                   Thu Mar 19 02:43:10 2015 (550A6FFE)
e1r64x64.sys                   Thu Jun 18 03:41:43 2015 (55827637)
VBoxUSBMon.sys                 Tue Sep 15 23:25:39 2015 (55F8E133)
XQHDrv.sys                     Tue Sep 15 23:29:39 2015 (55F8E223)
BazisVirtualCDBus.sys          Sat Sep 26 22:51:28 2015 (560759B0)
MEmuDrv.sys                    Mon Nov  2 08:11:35 2015 (56376107)
imdisk.sys                     Mon Dec 14 18:19:54 2015 (566F4E9A)
awealloc.sys                   Mon Dec 14 18:20:08 2015 (566F4EA8)
nvvad64v.sys                   Thu Dec 17 07:47:18 2015 (5672AED6)
AtihdWB6.sys                   Tue Apr 19 21:33:32 2016 (5716DC6C)
ElgatoVAD.sys                  Mon Aug  8 07:32:12 2016 (57A86DBC)
cfosspeed6.sys                 Fri Nov 11 05:27:52 2016 (58259D28)
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys       Tue Jan 31 05:12:42 2017 (5890631A)
NTIOLib_X64.sys                Wed Mar 15 05:37:03 2017 (58C90B3F)
amdpsp.sys                     Mon Jun  5 17:23:56 2017 (5935CBEC)
atikmpag.sys                   Tue Jul  4 17:48:49 2017 (595C0D41)
atikmdag.sys                   Tue Jul  4 18:11:43 2017 (595C129F)
SteamStreamingSpeakers.sys     Thu Jul 20 20:56:15 2017 (5971512F)
SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys   Fri Jul 28 11:33:15 2017 (597B593B)
AMDPCIDev.sys                  Tue Sep 19 01:50:57 2017 (59C0B041)
mbamswissarmy.sys              Fri Oct 13 14:58:51 2017 (59E10CEB)
**************************Wed Jan 10 20:20:26.843 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKslb23472d6.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
I2cHkBurn.sys                  Mon Feb 17 20:34:54 2014 (5302B8BE)
NTIOLib_X64.sys                Wed May 17 22:43:19 2017 (591D0A47)
**************************Wed Jan 10 20:09:36.453 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKslbb913122.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
iqvw64e.sys                    Tue Aug 23 21:52:09 2016 (57BCFDC9)
**************************Wed Jan 10 18:55:27.335 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKslb60d6045.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
**************************Wed Jan 10 17:00:15.453 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKsldb28a1ba.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)
RTKVHD64.sys                   Tue Jun 27 07:38:37 2017 (595243BD)
**************************Wed Jan 10 16:47:51.529 2018 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
MpKsla1a41ae9.sys              Mon Feb 27 20:54:41 1989 (2409FBE1)

MpKsl3df369f1.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MarvinBus64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=pwdrvio.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ScpVBus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=xusb22.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amd_sata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amd_xata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e1r64x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxUSBMon.sys
XQHDrv.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BazisVirtualCDBus.sys
MEmuDrv.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=imdisk.sys
awealloc.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys
ElgatoVAD.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cfosspeed6.sys
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdpsp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
SteamStreamingSpeakers.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
AMDPCIDev.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbamswissarmy.sys
MpKslb23472d6.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=I2cHkBurn.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys
MpKslbb913122.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iqvw64e.sys
MpKslb60d6045.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
MpKsldb28a1ba.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
MpKsla1a41ae9.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

XXXXX

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 GHNeko

GHNeko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

I've updated drivers, uninstalled MSI Afterburner, and installed missing driver.

I'm using a 500W EVGA Bronze 80+ PSU that I've owned for about 7 months.

As for the authenticity, upon buying a new product key and activating it via change product key; would what would i need to do after changing my product key to verify that it is genuine?

EDIT: IMG_20180111_153651.jpg?width=1202&heigh

Results from Memtest86

Edited by GHNeko, 11 January 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Submit another set of reports for us to have a look at.

BTW - I forgot this link in my previous post:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000101

It contains more information about the STOP 0x101 CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error.

XXXXX

Edited by usasma, 12 January 2018 - 08:30 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 GHNeko

GHNeko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

I was able to find the cause of my BSOD's. It was related to the emergency windows updates (regarding Spectre and Meltdown) that Microsoft put out that ended up causing issues for AMD PCs. It was presumed that it only affected older AMD CPUs such as the Athlon series, but upon further research, it turns out that certain Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs were affected. After uninstalling KB4056895 (Monthly Rollup Update), the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs and PC lock ups stopped. I can say this after having my PC run for almost 24 hrs. Someone else on reddit confirmed that their BSOD's stopped after uninstalling that update and my wife who installed windows updates on her Ryzen 5 PC stopped getting BSOD's after doing a System Restore to roll back to before her PC installed an update via Windows Update.

So to any people who came here from Google or some search engine looking for help with their Ryzen PCs suddenly having similar issues to what occured in this thread, then look for these installed updates and try removing them.

January 3, 2018—KB4056897 (Security-only update)

January 9, 2018—KB4056894 (Monthly Rollup)
January 3, 2018—KB4056888 (OS Build 10586.1356)
January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192)
January 3, 2018—KB4056891 (OS Build 15063.850)
January 3, 2018—KB4056890 (OS Build 14393.2007)
January 3, 2018—KB4056898 (Security-only update)
January 3, 2018—KB4056893 (OS Build 10240.17735)
January 9, 2018—KB4056895 (Monthly Rollup)

The CPUs affected by these updates include, but are not limited to:

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
  • AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • AMD A10-7800
  • AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T
  • AMD Opteron 180
  • AMD Athlon X2 5050e
  • AMD Athlon X2 4850e
  • AMD Athlon X2 4450B
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 3200+
  • AMD Athlon 65 X2 TK-55
  • AMD Athlon 64 FX-62
  • AMD Athlon 64 1640B
  • AMD Sempron 3200+
  • AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60
  • AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56
  • AMD Turion X2 RM-72
  • AMD Turion X2 RM-70

My wife runs a Ryzen 5 1600X so this list, as I just noted, is not all-inclusive. Please be sure to back up information and create period restore points to help deal with fault updates; and for the time being until the issues surrounding Spectre/Meltdown are addressed, it may be best to avoid windows updates with AMD CPUs. If you choose not to avoid them, be conservative and create restore points just in case.

Thanks usasma for helping me up thus far. Didnt realize my version of windows wasn't genuine so I'll go about fixing that.

Good luck to everyone who comes across this thread.

Edited by GHNeko, 13 January 2018 - 07:26 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Nice work pinpointing this.  I'm sure that you're post will help others who come to post with similar problems.

Good luck!

#7 Cody712

Cody712

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

So it is fine to install the other updates except that one? Or just be safe and leave all uninstalled for now? I have an fx 6300 and it was blue screening too.

Edited by Cody712, 17 January 2018 - 08:56 AM.

#8 GHNeko

GHNeko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

So it is fine to install the other updates except that one? Or just be safe and leave all uninstalled for now? I have an fx 6300 and it was blue screening too.

I havnt uninstalled any other update except that one, so I'm lead to believe that you should be fine with uninstalling just that one.

That being said, if you havnt installed the other ones, it would be safer to avoid installing until later.

At the very least, create a restore point before installing the updates.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

I would suggest posting in the Security forums about this.

I'm unfamiliar with the updates related to Spectre/Meltdown and wouldn't want to mistakenly suggest removing/installing one that's not appropriate.

Edited by usasma, 18 January 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#10 RonYuma

RonYuma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

Hey im also having this problem and someone from reddit refereed me, im getting the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION because of the recent forced update  

Edited by RonYuma, 22 January 2018 - 09:21 PM.

#11 ajg617

ajg617

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

KB4056894 has caused my Intel based Ivy Bridge system (ASUS Sabertooth Z77) Windows 7 desktop to boot to a screeching halt.  Half hour to cold boot now.  Many service control manager timeouts for essential ASUS SW.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

I can troubleshoot BSOD problems - but am not familiar with the Spectre/Meltdown troubles.
Post in the Security forums for help with that.

If you have a BSOD that you want me to troubleshoot, please follow the posting instructions at the top of this forum (and create your own topic).

#13 riya39550

riya39550

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:05 AM

I was stuck in the "reboot" and "clock watchdog timeout bsod" loop and after overclocking my pc and then reset the overclock settings to default and eventually I got a way out from this clock watchdog bsod..

if this doesn't work for you then you can also try solutions listed on below sites:

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-bsod-clock_watchdog_timeout-in-windows-10/

https://wildtricks.com/clock-watchdog-timeout-windows-10-8/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users