Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer completely freezes about once per day

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Narwhall

Narwhall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

I have a desktop that I use mostly for gaming. Typically use is playing a game of league of legends, while using youtube for music in the background. 

About once per day, computer completely freezes - mouse movements, task manager, etc. don't work, music instantly turns itself off. A hard restart fixes the issue and I don't really worry about it from there. But this has been happening for at least a couple of months, and I'm wondering if there is a solution.

Computer hardware specs are here: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/bwV1h4V5OIjAYE8j2NhPwr1

Using razor chroma mouse, corsair keyboard, dual BenQ monitors if any of that matters.

Edit: tried clicking my own link and it didn't work so here's the list:

Summary

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
AMD FX-8350: 
43 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (Socket 942): 
30 °C

Graphics
BenQ RL2455 (1920x1080@60Hz)

BenQ GL2460 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA): 
31 °C

Storage
111GB SSD2SC120G3LC726B104-370I (SSD): 
28 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Edited by Narwhall, 10 January 2018 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rozesky

Rozesky

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

What browser are you using? After upgrading to the newest firefox browser my computer would freeze up too everyday.

When I looked at processing Firefox would be using as much as 6 Gigs of ram, it was totally freezing up my computer.

Once I exited out of this it was fine...not that it was easy to do.

Another thing that happens in windows 10 at times. A computer will be running at 100% Disk usage and if it is doing this

ALL the time the computer will run extremely slow and sometimes freeze up. To fix this I did a search and found several

fixes, I just kept doing each fix until something worked.

One final thing that causes a very slow computer is if a hard drive is failing but still works.

There are just things I have run across , might not be your problem but I thought i would share

good luck getting it fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users