Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booting issues blue screen. Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ssinseeme

Ssinseeme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Product Name: Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Had a couple issues with the PC. At first No image at all.
When start the computer I hear pip problem. Removed 250mb ram and pip no more.
Second graphic card change slot and I had a blue screen
Next, hit esc, nothing
Hit f10 to enter bios nothing.

Cleared BIos. Blue jumper and removed the red jumper is in HP website it suggested not to use.

Get to bios hiting F10. But I cant move the curser to boot. Just freez
Restarted a couple time. But no luck.
Removed the HDD and run it in a different computer just to make sure it would boot. And that boot window 7 ok.

I dont know whats next.
Should I change the BIos chip? If so where is it in schematic and where to buy it.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 R3s3t

R3s3t

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

Hello, Ssinseeme.

By checking the Specs of your computer I can see they are pretty legacy. You can try to remove the Cmos battery and press the power button for a couple of seconds just to test. Also, if you have the chance, you can try to use this processor in another motherboard to verify if the processor is not defective. In addition, if the computer is not having at least a RAM stick it will not work. Make sure that the RAM stick you have is not defective. Furthermore, change the BIOS chip I think is not an option since is not possible and, this MOBO is pretty legacy, if possible, it wil be very difficult to find one.

Antony S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users