Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc crashes when i plug in usb wireless adapter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 net-dyn

net-dyn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

I recently bought on amazon a wireless wifi adapter (dual band 5GHz and 2.4GHz), but after 10 seconds of plugging it in the computer crashes on me and the blue screen comes up: ATTEMPTED EXECUTION OF NON-EXECUTE MEMORY.... i searched online and they all had different solutions, and i tried all of them: updated my drivers, removed virus and malware, removed registry errors and even refreshed my pc.... but alas nothing works. I even bought a errorkit (29.00$) to fix the problem (while scanning it claimed that it found this error and it can fix) but even that didn't work! Now i'm frustrated and out of ideas. What is the problem here, and how can i solve and get rid of this annoying error?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

try installing it in safe mode

#3 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

How did you install the adapter? Did you just plug it in? Did you go through control panel? Is it 64 bit? Lot's of questions to answer to see if it is compatible with your system. I personally would never uninstall my security to install anything. This would be a red flag for me not to  use that particular wireless adapter. But then again I do not have any answers as of yet. Once...a long time ago...I had to run an app that updated all the drivers so I could install a new hardware component...it worked very well for what I needed. Are your drivers all up to date?

#4 net-dyn

net-dyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

I did upgrade all my drivers, and that is not the problem! As for your other point, i'm not sure if adapter is 64 bit, but if it is would that make my computer crash? Also what do you mean by installing through control panel (never heard of that)?

#5 Tunedport64

Tunedport64

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

What OS are you running?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users