Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Surface 3 storage issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mazacass

Mazacass

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

Hi!
I am hoping for some advice in regards to my Surface 3 tablet. Its running windows 10 and only 64GB of space to begin with.
I had an issue previously when I installed Itunes and Icloud where it flooded my computer with all these files and took up the entire capacity of the tablet. The files were listed under 'system & reserved' and i couldn't find them to delete them. Someone looked at my computer and freed up all my space for me. I'm having the same issue again, I'm not sure why Itunes does this? Is there a way to use Icloud/ Itunes without this issue?
Hoping someone could please help me remove these files!  I have open office installed and not much else, no photos/ music/ documents. I have only 22GB of space after removing as many Itunes files as a could find.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

Perhaps itunes is backing up your device/syncing files automatically with your PC. You can turn that option off in itunes. You can install agent ransack, which is a free and more basic search engine. Search the whole C drive, then sort by size. This will show the largest files first. This is more of a mac issue. 64 gigs is kind of small. I recall surface tablets having bigger hard drives.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 10 January 2018 - 09:09 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 Mazacass

Mazacass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

This seems to happen before I even set up my device, or logged into iCloud though? Its just iTunes files- actually I dont even know really.
Ill give ransack a go, thanks.
I bought the cheapest surface 3, they. Came in a 64GB size - worst idea ever🙄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users