Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Shuts off / Crashes During Gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mromgcorey

mromgcorey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

Greetings,

I have been having trouble figuring out why my PC crashes when I'm in the middle of playing a game and it seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I'd say it's been happening for a couple months now and has gotten progressively worse.

The temperatures of the CPU and GPU seems fine during the game play. I've tried reconnecting the GPU and making sure there are no loose connections inside the case. I've tried cleaning it and removing all the dust. I have tried to even lower the graphic settings and it still doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I'm all out of ideas and am hoping somebody can possibly help me with this situation and find a solution.

My PC specs are as is:

Nvidia gtx 1070

i7-4790k

16gb ram

Evga 550 watt psu

Noctua NH-D15

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard

If anyone can please help me figure out the solution to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samwiseOrgin

samwiseOrgin

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

How long have you had your PSU for? 

It might be simply due to PSU failing to deliver 100% efficiency..

Have you try another PSU unit by any chance?

Also Can you give me what temps was your CPU & GPU while in Full Load?

#3 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

How is it crashing? Is it freezing up? Is the game just stopping? Are there any error messages? Is the PC shutting off randomly?

If the PC isn't just shutting down randomly then it's likely not your PSU. If the game is freezing, or just dumping out with an error it might be something as simple as your RAM or GPU. First things first I'd run a test on your RAM using something like MemTest86+; It's what we use here at our shop to test all our RAM. If your RAM checks out, run a GPU benchmark tool like Valley.

Let us know how that works!

Edited by C0bra, 24 January 2018 - 08:39 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users