Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

During boot I get "RAID Option ROM Version 3.3.1592.22"

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

My Bad guys, I think I misinterpreted Rufus Interface and creating the UEFI GPT USB.  I will retry with the new drive I'v created.

I do wonder, what's the difference booting from the BIOS Boot Menu, or coming in from Advanced Startup?  It seems as though on some computers you can only do it from the Advanced Settings.

Thanks, pcpunk

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

I do wonder, what's the difference booting from the BIOS Boot Menu, or coming in from Advanced Startup?  It seems as though on some computers you can only do it from the Advanced Settings.

With Windows 10 or 8.1 in UEFI mode, this is normal, there's an option to boot into Advanced Mode, which allows for going into the UEFI, access Safe Mode, booting from another device & other options. 

There's also tricks, even in UEFi/GPT mode, to bring back the classic style menu, where one can hit 'F8' to get to Safe Mode at boot. This tutorial was written for Windows 8, works for 8.1 & 10 also and very simple to perform, one CMD line as Administrator does the trick. Can easily be reversed, instruction in source link. :)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Source Link:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-new-metro-boot-loader-and-bring-back-windows-vista-and-7-style-boot-loader-in-windows-8/

Hope this is helpful! :thumbsup:

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users