Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Android [Adblockers available?] .. Need some help :p

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Hey there, do you guys know some Adblockers for android devices?

that can block in-apps ads, browser ads, and other things..

and i need a virus-free, safe adblocker :)

suggestions are welcome :P

Cheers!

Edited by Doghen, 09 January 2018 - 01:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,130 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Not an Android user but a brief search tells me if you have Firefox browser then you can use Adblock Plus.

Firefox 57.0.4 for Android - Download

Adblock Plus – Add-ons for Android - Firefox Add-ons - Mozilla

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

i need an adblocker for disabling ads on Apps, browsers, and other things :)

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE Matthew 5:29:  If thine app offends thee...pluck it out. :devil:

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE Matthew 5:29:  If thine app offends thee...pluck it out. :devil:

?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,130 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Just giving your topic a bump. But you did want to get rid of app ads. So, get rid of the offending app.

#7 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

i need an adblocker for disabling ads on Apps, browsers, and other things :)

Ads within applications are there for a reason; so the app developer can make money. There's no way around it unless they offer a "paid version" that eliminates them, it's a cheap and sleazy way of forcing someone to pay. I typically ditch apps that incorporate inline ads, some of which smell oddly of malware/phishing. 

Edited by C0bra, 31 January 2018 - 11:09 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#8 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

so basically, theres no need for an adblocker? yeah i can live with ads but some ads are infected..

#9 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

so basically, theres no need for an adblocker? yeah i can live with ads but some ads are infected..

A good ad blocker was mentioned above by Buddy215 for web browsing. In-app ads are impossible to avoid, unless they're using a separate web browsing client to display them, in which case the ad blocker for your browser may catch them. The issue is most of the in-app ads are exactly that, in-app, therefore impossible to block. The obvious solution is to avoid the app, or buy the paid "ad free" versions (if available) like I mentioned above.

They're mostly harmless anyways and won't pose any threat unless you follow through with them.

Edited by C0bra, 31 January 2018 - 01:46 PM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users