Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Install Failure.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xule98

xule98

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

:PC Spec- Mobo- MSI Z87-G45, I5 4670k, 16GB corsair vengance ram, Nvidia GTX 970 and Samsung evo 850 500gb SSD.

The updated freezes while it is confiuguring usually at 55% or 80% then i reset the pc and it will try again and freeze at another point or i will get a blank screen, after that it reverts the update. I have tried everything i can to install this update but it keeps on failing. I ended up wiping my pc to factory setting using the windows 10 disc in hopes it would solve any issues and nope! the problem still stands. My PC was overclock before and i reset the bios so everything is back to stock, really am stuck with this one if anyone could help me that would be greatly apriciated.

Cheers Xule.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

This is how I would approach it if you are willing to do a clean install. Download the Media Creation Tool. Opt for the option to download an iso file, not automatically create the DVD or USB flash drive.

Once you have the latest iso file download Rufus. Attach your flash drive and run Rufus. In the first dropdown box select GPT partition scheme. Leave all boxes as checked. A dropdown may show iso image or FreeDos. Select iso image, click the icon and browse to the iso file of Windows 10. Press Start.

Boot the USB flash drive. When at the screen asking for language press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Type the following commands.

diskpart

list disk

select disk X     Where X is the disk number you will be installing Windows to. This is usually 0.  Make sure you have the correct number as the next step will wipe the disk of all partitions

clean                 Deletes all partitions on the disk

convert gpt       Initializes the disk as GPT required for booting on a UEFI motherboard. If you get an error ignore it.

exit

exit

Continue with the install. When you get to the screen asking what disk you want to install Windows to click next. Windows 10 will automatically partition and format the drive as GPT.

#3 xule98

xule98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

It worked! Followed your instructions and it has all the updates thank you very much for you help it is greatly appreciated! You're the man!

Cheers Xule.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Your Welcome,

Glad you got is sorted and thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users