Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No signal with DP on wake up from sleep

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scubaslim

scubaslim

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

I have an XB241H G-Sync monitor. It works perfectly when using HDMI...

but with Displayport, it works fine when freshly powering up the computer. It works fine when waking up from hibernation....

but when waking up from sleep, which is my preferred method, the monitor will power up, the splash screen will pop up, then "no signal"... The PC is on, as it can play music and if I plug in a different monitor, it's working...

I have tried the following:
lowering the Hz
swapping DP cables
using High performance mode
turning off link state
making sure connections are tight
switching to different DP ports on my GTX 970

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:59 AM

Are your graphics drivers up to date? It really sounds software related to me, some sort of equipment software bug or a driver issue. If reinstalling/updating your drivers doesn't fix it, it may just be a silly bug that can't be fixed. Unless you have another monitor of the same model to test with; at least that would eliminate it being a hardware problem.

At that point, I'd suggest using HDMI (if you can) if you say that works fine. 

Edited by C0bra, 09 January 2018 - 10:59 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 scubaslim

scubaslim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Are your graphics drivers up to date? It really sounds software related to me, some sort of equipment software bug or a driver issue. If reinstalling/updating your drivers doesn't fix it, it may just be a silly bug that can't be fixed. Unless you have another monitor of the same model to test with; at least that would eliminate it being a hardware problem.

At that point, I'd suggest using HDMI (if you can) if you say that works fine. 

yep, drivers are all up to date.  I even reinstalled Win10, but no luck.  

HDMI would defeat the purpose of buying a 144hz G-sync monitor though :-/

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Did you just buy this? Has it been going on since you got it?

If you just bought it I'd seek out a replacement. It could be hardware related if the DP port is bad on the monitor. I can't see it being that but you never know, at least a replacement would tell you it's not a hardware problem. Then it just because an annoying "feature".

nIDwkQT.gif

#5 scubaslim

scubaslim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

I bought in Black Friday, but didn't "get" it until Christmas... yeah, its been doing it the whole time.  I think maybe I'll order one again from Best Buy so I can check it and return it.

#6 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

I bought in Black Friday, but didn't "get" it until Christmas... yeah, its been doing it the whole time.  I think maybe I'll order one again from Best Buy so I can check it and return it.

Not a terrible idea, let me know how that turns out if you go that route. At the end of the day you should still have a manufacturers warranty as well to take advantage of.

Edited by C0bra, 09 January 2018 - 11:14 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

#7 scubaslim

scubaslim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

still haven't figured this out, but I heard from Acer support and they suggested to disable monitor auto detect... anybody know how to do that?? 

#8 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

sleep and hybernation are flawed, I hate using them and disable them on every machine I've ever had and advise all my customers to not use them, besides windows likes a good reboot once and a while.   so turn them off and shut down at the end of the day.  it only takes a few extra seconds to boot your system. or set the system for only the monitor to turn off after 30min of non use.  either way is better then hybernation or putting your computer to sleep!

and most every professional tech, (I've been a IT tech since the 90's), will agree those modes don't work well at all.

#9 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

These hibernate/sleep modes are driving some monitors crazy.  WINX seems to really have a problem with sleep and the VGA interface.  Some users with adapter cards for VGA to DVI and DVI to HDMI are finding out things just don't work properly.  Mighty Wiz has the same advice I tell all my clients, disable sleep, hibernate and power control functions as they create more trouble than they are worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users