Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Edge Favorites to new Desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Thinking about getting a new desktop. I currently run Win 10 Home 32 bit and new PC will be Win 10 Home or Pro 64 bit. What is the easiest way to transfer my Edge favorites (bookmarks). Have searched the net and found several different methods which seem to vary based on Win 10 build. It is all confusing to me. What is the easiest (least likely for me to screwup) way to transfer my Edge favorites. Thx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

If you are currently running Edge and signed in with a Microsoft account, then your favorites are stored in the cloud just like with Chrome and Firefox and other web browsers. No need to move anything.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

If you are currently running Edge and signed in with a Microsoft account, then your favorites are stored in the cloud just like with Chrome and Firefox and other web browsers. No need to move anything.

Sounds good, thx. So, I startup the new PC and sign in to my MS account. Then I open Edge. Will my favorites already be there or will I have to import them from the cloud? I do have a MS account but I never login. Will I always have to login on the new PC to see my favorites?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,416 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Export your Edge favorites to a HTML file and copy it to a flash drive. Can't hurt.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-backup-or-export-edge-favorites-in-windows-10/

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,795 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Sounds good, thx. So, I startup the new PC and sign in to my MS account. Then I open Edge. Will my favorites already be there or will I have to import them from the cloud? I do have a MS account but I never login. Will I always have to login on the new PC to see my favorites?

No. On your old computer sign into Edge. On your new computer sign into Edge.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Edited by Artbuc, 09 January 2018 - 04:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users