Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Xp Freeze

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gibb

gibb

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

i have been haveing these prolem recently . my operating seystem is a window Xp Sp2 running on 2.4ghz with 256 ram and 80 g harddisk . recently my computer will sometime freeze and hang . it happen more often when i acess to picture, video and if i leave it there for a long time. sometime it will restart

thsi is one of the message i got after it restart
BC code ea bcp1: 82334b78, bcp2:8238A128, Bcp3: 824E4070 bcp4: 00000001
osver: 5_1-2600
sp: 2_0
product: 768_1

I ould apprecitae if someone can help mi with problem thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the detailed error message - it helps in tracking down the problem!

Here's a link to the error message description:
http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/ddtools/bccodes_7i93.htm

And another link:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xea

This is normally either a problem with the hardware, or with the device driver that runs the hardware.

It's easiest to troubleshoot the drivers - so we'll start with that (to troubleshoot the hardware, you'll have to get another piece of hardware to replace it).

So, assuming it's a driver problem and knowing that you're having video problems - the first place to start would be the video drivers.

Go to the website for your video card chipset (ATI, nVidia, etc) and download the latest certified drivers. Then, go to Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the video drivers.

Reboot the system. When the wizard asks to install the drivers, cancel out of it. Once you're into Windows, double click on the new drivers and install them. Then reboot and see if the error recurs.

The next step would be to the same with your motherboard/chipset drivers.

If I've gotten way too technical with any of this - feel free to ask questions about it!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 gibb

gibb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Thanks very much for looking at my problem and the advice. i guess i will only be able to download the video driver and next monday as my internet connection speed is tortise like. i will do it in my office and After which i will update u with the outcome

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:51 AM

Not a problem - just find your thread and post the results on it. The forums have a way of marking unread posts - so those of us that spend a lot of time here tend to key in on the unread one's (since we've already read the others). That will also bump it to the top of the posts list in that forum - so it will be more visible.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 gibb

gibb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

Sorry for the late reply.
Yesterday nite i have managed to install new driver for nvidia.
I could see there were improvement after the installation. For the past 1 hour the were no freezing window , restart and font change error.

It seem like the problem is solved i guess i will just need to monitor further to see it happen before other action required

Thanks you

#6 gibb

gibb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

hi i just like to update this problem and the real cause of it.
Just 2 day ago i was not able too boot up nor acess to my bios after switching on my power i can only can long continous beep sound.

however after removing the graphic card and filing the contact i placed it back again now i am able to boot in again and no blue screen of death of freeze problem .

The real cause of is the dust accumlaed on the contact of graphic cards

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

Glad to see that you've fixed your problem! One question though, did you actually file the contacts (with a metal removing file) - or was it just that you cleaned them of accumulated dirt and debris?

The contacts are very thin and easily damaged. Cleaning with an pencil eraser (or an even softer substance) is usually adequate (providing that you clean the residue off afterwards).

#8 gibb

gibb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

sorry maybe i was abit exaggerating my friend use a screw driver to rub again the contact not filing though ( it is like scratching the contact to remove dirt or dust but with a srew driver)

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:48 AM

Not a problem - just wanted to be sure that you hadn't damaged the card!

#10 gibb

gibb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

thanks alot and other reading the thread please take note hope i have not mislead everyone .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users