Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard & Mouse Freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YNOT121

YNOT121

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hi Guy's

I need a little help please, I seem to be having a problem with my USB port, for some reason they just freeze up just recently, this seem to happen when I'm watching a video on the BT home page.

I'm not good with the integral working of computers, so I don't understand half of the computer jargon used to fix things, I have tried the recommended things like update my USB drivers, the computer tells me that the best drivers are installed and working properly, so does that mean that my mother board is at fault? also when this happens and I have to shut down the computer, it fails to boot up and takes a few attempts to start up, is it a simple fix or do I need to get another computer. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

are they wired or wireless keyboard/mouse?   wireless have you checked batteries?

when my computer freezes you can verify buy hitting the num lock button or caps lock button to see if the lights change status on the keyboard, if they do then your system isn't locked up.

and it just may be lagging and you need to address that issue.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

You checked in the Device Manager to see if this was driver related.  I'm guessing that you check the Keyboard and Mouse and other pointing devices to see if driver can be updated.

Did you look in the Universal Serial Bus controllers?

You can uninstall the drivers, restart the computer and Windows will install new drivers for those uninstalled.

Please do the following.

Please run System File Checker.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Important:  There will be a short message at the end of the scan informing you of the results.  If you receive the message "no integrity violations were found" you don't need to do anything else, no corrupt files were found.  You should watch the scan to see the results at the end of the scan.

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Click/tap on the Taskbar Search icon (magnifing glass) and type cdm.

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

This scan will take a while to run, please do not abort the scan as this can result in damage to the operating system.

If integrity issues are found in the scan please post the CBS log using the instructions below.

To find sfc /scannow log open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt

This will place the log on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log at the host website I've suggested below.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users