Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power led light not on when plugged in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sweelin

sweelin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

hi, i have a laptop. The led green light has always been on when it is plugged in and even when it is shut down and plugged in. I heard a noise in the fan like a bug zapper noise. Then my light went out. It has not come back on. I need to see this light; it tells me I have power going into my laptop. It is charged 100%. The other lights are working. When I am working in my computer the green light is on. It goes out when I close the lid; or shut it down. My Charging Adapter Light is on and there is no problem. I just want to see my green light on my laptop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,822 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

LEDs do occasionally fail.  I'd say this is connected to the noise you heard but the fact that your PC is functioning fine makes me think that's unlikely.

If you disconnect the power supply, let the battery run down some, and reconnect the power supply does the icon in the system tray show charging?  Does the battery actually charge up to 100%?

If the answer to both of those questions is, "Yes," then this is nothing worth worrying about.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users