Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-Vermins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wondervista

Wondervista

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

I would like a download link for Anti-Vermins. It would be very nice to test it out on my vmware.

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Wikipedia says this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AntiVermins

AntiVermins is a rogue security program that claims to be a commercial spyware-removal utility, when in fact it is, itself, adware-advertised.[1] The software installs itself, without consent, in the user's computer and registry. It then sends messages such as "system error, buy this software to fix" or "your system is infected with spyware, buy AntiVermins to clean it", redirecting the user to the software's homepage where he or she is prompted to buy it for about $50. As for the homepage itself, the English version seems like a professional page, but the versions of the page in other languages appear to have been translated using just machine translation software.

Do you still need it? 

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Google it, but why would you want it ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Symantec​  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667467/anti-vermins/

Behavior
Antivermins is a security risk that may give exaggerated reports of threats on the computer. The program then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported threats.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Wondervista

Wondervista
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Google it, but why would you want it ?

Because I have a virtual machine and a love for destruction, without harming my actual computer. I like downloading viruses on it (which does indeed sound pretty stupid) and basically watch it die. Check out Vinesauce joel's Window Destruction series for how I basically do this.

I googled it, and no downloads came up on the many, many pages that came up; Only pages talking about how bad it is and telling viewers how to remove it.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,313 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

Ok,as we are in the Removal business we will not post that link..  before someone does and it infects another user I am closing this ..

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users