Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Install Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:02 AM

when i get to this screen my computer seems not to move any further. The light on the keyboard goes out to if its on. Ive tried doing it again and again but it just seems to stay at this screen. The machine is an old P2 450mhz. Does anyone have any ideas how this can be sort.

Thanks in advance

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:48 AM

Have you had a look at the HCL list from Microsoft? The hardware in your P2 may not be compatible with Windows. Why would you install Windows XP on a computer so old?

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 28 September 2006 - 04:50 AM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Is your computer's hardware, software and peripherals able to support Windows XP?
(Use the Upgrade Advisor
The Upgrade Advisor is a tool you can download and install to check if your system hardware and software are ready for upgrade to Windows XP.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/up...heckcompat.mspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users