Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB HUB

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zillah

zillah

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Dear Experts

Recently I bought  Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 PowerIQ that connected to my windows 7 Desktop

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When i connect my canon pixma MP230 USB printer it goes offline (Yes for sure) , if I connect the usb cable to computer directly the same printer will be online again

Is that because USB hub doesn't supply enough power to the printer,,,,,,,,,,,,I have experienced the same issue before

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2018 - 08:52 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Is the hub plugged into the mains?  I don't think it will work passively.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 zillah

zillah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Hub plugged into the USB port on the back of a desktop ( mounted to the motherboard) and Hub also gets power from an AC (main)

Edited by zillah, 08 January 2018 - 03:43 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

Sorry - misread the question. Please disregard.

Edited by Allan, 09 January 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Hub plugged into the USB port on the back of a desktop ( mounted to the motherboard) and Hub also gets power from an AC (main)

And that is a USB 3 port on the desktop?  They are usually identified with a blue insert in the port.

Is an LED on the hub lighting up next to the plug when you connect the printer?  I believe it's supposed to (I have a friend with the exact same Anker hub so I've seen it work).  Does it work with other USB devices, for example a flash drive?  Make sure you are using one of the seven USB 3.0 plugs rather than a charging plug on the hub.  You can't use the the charging plugs for data.  They are for power only. 

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users