Hi all, longtime fan and lurker here! I've been using ComboFix for years.
My buddy's computer was stalling on sign-in. Enter password and it just spins forever. Now I am stuck in an endless Startup Repair bootloop.
- Startup Repair fails.
- Windows Defender Offline can't find the OS.
- 3 different rescue disks found zero infections.
- SFC /scannow comes back clean.
- CHKDSK finds no issues.
- DISM throws various errors at me (logfile attached).
- bootrec /fixboot says access is denied.
- ntbtlog shows the first item not loaded is hal.inf acpi_amd64, if that helps at all?
- I am able to boot the computer from a Windows USB and access startup repair, command prompt, etc, which gives me the same results.
I know I could just nuke and pave, but at this point I'm more interested in solving the puzzle, lol.
I'm sure it's just a simple issue of syntax with DISM, but I've been googling for a week straight and gone mostly round in circles.
Any help is much appreciated!
Edited by Phateless, 07 January 2018 - 12:40 PM.