Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panasonic camera ???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

I have a Panasonic DMC-LZ3 a 2005 unit that up until very recently I was able to shot over 100 pics on internal memory alone..  It always shpt a bunch so I never invested in a chip.  My other half used it a couple of time now it only shoots 5-6 then its memory is full.  I have read a few blogs where they speaks of max resolution so you can print really large photos, which I think it was inadvertently switched to.  The manual is usless!!!  I need some help with the setting to get it back where it was.

All ideas appreciated!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Steve's Digicams site gives better instructions, this is their Record Mode and Screens page that hopefully will match your model and how to set to lower resolution.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/panasonic/lumix-dmc-lz3/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lz3-review-3.html
Bleepin' desert rat retiree of climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hey thanks looks like it will help, I am to beat from blowing snow will look it over tomorrow.  I will let how I make out.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

As somebody else said here a couple of years ago "It's all that global warming landing on your head, and paths, and driveway !".

Go into 'Menu' and look at the shooting options 'Image size' and 'Image qualtiy'. I keep mine set to 'Large' and 'Fine' but this produces large files, about 5MB per photo. Then again, I don't have any internal storage in my camera at all, I normally run with an 8GB card fitted.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 helengrin

helengrin

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

I'm one of those who's been through a lot of SLR/DSLR's and I would recommend the Panasonic FZ1000 or FZ200

#6 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

Chris Cosgrove, just a FYI, my Casio Exilim 5  point and shoot is about the same manufacturer's date as OldPhil's and some higher capacity SDHD cards can be problematic with 'card error' messages right in the middle of shooting, probably due to speed/storage abilities beyond the mechanics of the cameras of that time.
But do absolutely agree, relying on internal memory of these older cameras never made sense, regardless of shooting resolution. Memory cards are cheap and convenient, higher resolutions are always better regardless of subject matter and intended purpose.

Quick edit: mentioning 'speed' above, I do recall buying a Sandisk Ultra card that my camera's mechanics
Iiterally choked on as it was not designed for those when built. I gave it to a friend who had a newer camera.

Edited by r.a.d., 17 January 2018 - 03:36 PM.

Bleepin' desert rat retiree of climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users