Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse dragging

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

I have a Logitech wireless mouse. It is new. This is not the mouse since I changed mice for that reason, but the new one is just as bad.  It drags and hesitates. It is so difficult to use, I don't go on games anymore because it won't move where I want it to move. Any ideas as what to do? I have windows 7.

I am using a Logitech wire less mouse. It is the second one I have purchased in the last few months thinking the problem was the mouse. It drags and hesitates to the point I just have to shut the computer off and walk away. Please help..

Edited by hamluis, 06 January 2018 - 04:13 PM.
Merged topics/posts - Hamluis.

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

I too use a logitech wireless mouse - and keyboard. The only problem I have with them is that they are not overly long-lived. But I have found that the mice are sensitive to the surface they are used on. While they work perfectly well on most surfaces there is the odd one they just won't work properly on. I keep a mouse mat in my laptop bag just because of that.

On one of the surfaces it doesn't like the motion is like what you describe - jerky, inaccurate and non-responsive.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

I have done all the ovbious things. Got new mouse pad, reinstalled drivers, checked connections, everything I could think of. nothing has worked so far.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

I had this same problem with my Logitec W/less mouse & Keyboard. The w/less adapter was plugged, 1st into my front USB port, then into one of my rear USB ports. USB2 or USB3 made no difference, same problems. It worked great for 2 years, then started the same symptoms as you describe, only worse. Long story short...I got an extension USB cable and positioned the wireless adapter next to my monitor. That was a month ago and all problems stopped. These Logitech w/less adapters will not function alongside any other USB thumb drive and are sensitive to interference. Evidently my wireless NIC was interfering with the adapter signal.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Thank you, I will try this. However, I don't understand since nothing changed with the way the adapter is set up or where it is. The mouse just decided to throw fits. I invested in a new mouse and it is the same so I know it isn't the mouse...

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#7 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

I my post, you will see that I had mine for 2 years before it started to give me fits.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users