Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proprietary Icons

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

I have an HP laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

Occasionally I will create a desktop icon which will carry the logo of my default browser, Chrome, at the time the icon is created. Sometime later I will notice that this icon has transformed from the logo of my default browser to the icon site's proprietary logo without having to do anything. How and when does this transformation occur? What triggers it?

I'm asking this question now because a few days ago I created an icon for Sling TV that still carries the Chrome logo. I know for a fact that Sling icons can carry a Sling logo. I've seen a couple. I've tried favicon.ico to no avail. 

I'm curious about what triggers the transformation at some times but not at others. Thanks. 

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2018 - 08:50 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email -Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users