Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Troubleshooting Point to Point VPN (OpenVPN)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gil_happy

gil_happy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Hello,

I have been attempting to create a VPN solution between my 2 homes using DDWRT and OpenVPN and I cannot get this to work (I have been working on this for almost 1 year now!).  

If you look at the attached diagram, you can see what I'm trying to accomplish along with the network layout.  I am wanting any CPE connected to the 'Vacation Home Router2' to connect back to the 'Primary Home' and pull a DHCP from that location.

- on the PrimaryHomeRouter 2, if I go to the DDWRT web GUI 'Status', then OpenVPN, the only info I see under the 'State' section is:
    - Server:
    - TAP Mode: Bridged
    - MAC Address: (empty)

- on the VacationHomeRouter2, if I go to the DDWRT web GUI 'Status', then OpenVPN, here is what I see under the 'State' section:
    - Client:
    - TAP mode: Bridged
    - MAC Address: (empty)
    - Local IP: (empty)
    - Firewall Protection: On

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this so I can figure out what is wrong?  Any help is 'greatly' appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Are you using a DNS, DDNS or static on home?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 gil_happy

gil_happy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

Are you using a DNS, DDNS or static on home?

Currently I am not using any type of DDNS service, etc.... I am just using that actual IP at this time.  Once I get it working, I will definitely use DDNS, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users