Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Problems with My Computer Not Sure What is Going On!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

I have an HP Laptop and when I close the laptop and it goes into hibernation, when I open it up again I usually have no issues. However, yesterday and then again today, I opened it and the screen stayed black. I can hear the fan running, but very quietly - much quieter than usual. Yesterday, I kept hitting the space bar and I unplugged it and waited, and after a while it finally woke up. Today, I tried the same things but it wouldn't work, I finally had to hit the power button to shut it down. Then, it restarted and I went to click on Mozilla to open it up so I could start this post, and all of a sudden the screen went black again. I hit the space bar and it brought me to my password screen, I entered in my pin, and it worked fine. I don't understand what could be happening? Oh...also, yesterday when the screen was black and I kept hitting the touchpad to try and wake up the computer, every time I hit the touchpad it beeped. It was only when I hit the touchpad and it stopped when I stopped touching it.

Now, today the pin screen comes up just fine, but then when I enter the pin it goes like it's going to start but then the pin screen comes back up again and I have to re-enter the pin, and once I do that then it starts up.

Also, I have Netflix app on my computer. I always use it and have never had an issue. I have the computer connected to my TV with HDMI cable. Now, when I went to watch a show, I got an error code: U7361-1254-C00D36B4, which Netflix states, "Sometimes using a TV as an external monitor for your computer can cause this issue." It said to disconnect the computer from the TV and try playing the video. I did that and the video played just fine. If I have the show playing while disconnected from the TV, then connect the TV while the show is playing, it will show up on my TV, but I won't have any sound. If I try to have the TV connected to the computer and play the show that way, I get the error code. The only way it shows up on my TV is if I already have it playing. So, I went on to the next troubleshooting option, which was to disable audio enhancements, which I didn't seem to have when I followed the instructions. The next troubleshoot option was, if using the Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition, they suggested downloading the Windows Media Feature Pack. I am using Windows Home, so I didn't try that. The final troubleshoot option was to ensure you have an up-to-date Windows 10 graphics driver. I went to Device Manager, went to "Display adapters," and went to the "Intel® HD Graphics 520." I then right-clicked and chose "Update driver." It did a search and then said it was installing updates. But it doesn't seem like anything changed? I'm not sure how to tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just have no idea what is going on?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

Type control in the Run box, click/tap OK.

In the Control Panel select Power Options

In the option in the upper left portion of the screen click/tap on Choose what the power buttons do.

Click/tap on Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Under Shutdown settings remove the check for Turn on fast start (recommended)

Next  The following needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Click/tap on the Taskbar Search icon (magnifing glass) and type cdm.

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time in the Command Prompt, then press Enter after each command.  You must restart the computer after each command.

powercfg -h off  

powercfg -h on

You will now need to re-enable fast start.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Before I do this...I used command prompt once before as I was instructed to do and didn't know what I was doing. The screen went blank and I didn't know what to do. Luckily it got resolved. I just want to know if I should use the command prompt even though I really don't know what I'm doing?

I just copy the first command and then restart the computer. Then open command prompt again and copy the second command and restart the computer?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

I don't see how I could phrase this any simpler.

Open the Command Prompt, type in the first command in the Command prompt, press Enter, restart the computer.

Open the Command Prompt, type in the second command in the Command prompt, press Enter, restart the computer.

It's the old Rinse and repeat.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Okay thanks. I just wanted to be sure I understood correctly!

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Not a problem!  If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. :thumbup2:

#7 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

I did the first command prompt - I copy and pasted it and then pressed enter and it said "An unexpected error (0x65b) has occurred: Function failed during execution."

Should I restart still and do the next command prompt?

I'll see if I can figure out how to show you a screen shot.

#8 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Here is an image if you need it:

https://imgur.com/a/XxKEg

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

The instruction tell you to select Run as Administrator, did you do this?  If you didn't you cannot run this command and will receive that error message.

You can create a screenshot and post that in your topic.

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

Press the Print Screen to capture its image.

Open Paint and click/tap on Paste

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

The instruction tell you to select Run as Administrator, did you do this?  If you didn't you cannot run this command and will receive that error message.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

#10 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Attached File  Command Prompt 2.png   10.25KB   0 downloads

Well I am the administrator. How do I select to be it?

Oh I right click and select run as administrator!

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

posting-options1.png

posting-options2.png

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

attachicon.gifCommand Prompt 2.png

Well I am the administrator. How do I select to be it?

Oh I right click and select run as administrator!

Have you attempted to run this as an administrator since I made my last post?

#13 KaidensMommy

KaidensMommy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

Yes I ran as administrator and it worked. I did the first command and restarted, did the second command and restarted and I re-checked the fast start.

When the lock screen shows up and I enter my pin, it still goes likes its going to work and then brings up to enter my pin again, once I enter it again, then it works?

Should I just change the setting to not sleep when I shut the lid and take off the pin when I use the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users