Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone using Firefox Quantum?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

I really like Firefox for Android because of the add-ons such as Ublock Origin or NoScript (yes NS now works with Firefox for Android). How about any of you do you use Firefox?

Also if you search for browser on Google Play Firefox is the first result, so Firefox must be pretty popular on Android.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 F1Help

F1Help

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

I really like Firefox on my desktop PC and it is much faster for me since the Quantum update.

I like Firefox for Android on my phone and tablet, but find it quite slow to render pages compared to other browsers like Brave or Chrome, even though it is the most configurable.  I hope that the speed will improve over time to match desktop.  For this reason, Brave Browser is currently my primary browser on Android.  Brave does not support extensions but has a lot of extras built-in (like ad blocking) and is fast.  You might also want to look at Firefox Focus.

My favourite ad blocker is Adguard AdBlocker but I also like uBlock Origin.

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

@ F1Help

Yeah Brave is a pretty nice browser and yes I have heard of Firefox Focus, although I haven't noticed any major issues with Firefox Quantum on Android everything seems to be running pretty smoothly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users