Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heat sensors say 120 degrees Centrigrade. That seems high.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Measure for Measure

Measure for Measure

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I am having difficulty interpreting the readings given by heat sensors as measured by Speedfan, HWinfo, and HWMonitor. They show readings above 110 degrees Centigrade. I understand from various forums that false positives are not unusual though. I opened up the case and didn't feel any unusual heat.

I'm currently trying to track down a BSOD problem on my home computer, discussed here. I was wondering whether these heat readings provide any information that might help me diagnose the problem. A hardware problem is suspected, the question remains: which hardware?

My computer is a Lenovo K450e running Windows 10. My latest Speccy snapshot is here:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/KJekm83qedhRkHMwAZKCq2G
(It doesn't show any unusual heat.)

Enclosed is an image file showing 3 temperature reading programs. (No, I usually do not run all 3 at the same time.)

Thanks for you help and insight.

Attached File  3tempReadings1b.png   399.27KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Well it may be related somehow.

Those temps may be false positives but i would still look into your hardware.

You might need to change your CPU cooler or change your thermal paste.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

As you've observed, this is often mentioned on forums as a false indication.

When a sensor input is given no ID, the software hasn't been able to determine its function, and hence how to read it. So CPU is an understood input, AUXIN2 or TMPIN6 is not.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users