Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finding or creating the right software/application for the job

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 amandab522

amandab522

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new to this website and am seeking some advice.. (also forgive me if this isn't in the right spot, let me know and i'll move it right away)

I work for a small non-profit in a 70,000 person community and our main objective is education and employment related services to low income and dislocated workers in the valley. Currently, a few agency partners of ours and us are trying to find a collaborative approach to make the process easier and less frustrating for the public. As is sits now, an individual that is trying to get financial assistance to go back to school or needs a hand navigating the labor market is bouncing between organizations, many times via the public transit system, trying to get answers. To fight this battle we are trying to create an easy to navigate resource directory (something similar to 211 if you are familiar); however, it would be on a much smaller, more manageable scale and in a different format.

At the moment, we have a paper directory that is working as the system stays small, but we are looking for a way to make it technology friendly and easier to use. The objective would we a system where the individuals can answer yes or no questions that we formulate relating to their situation. These questions would then essentially filter out the programs that aren't really of use for them and highlight ones that fit the eligibility and need that they would have previously answered. 

The dilemma now is finding the right software or application or even a savvy database type system that would make this idea possible for us. I am not super familiar with the programming and developing world as I only have a few classes under my belt, but I wanted to reach out to a much smarter audience and see if you all had any ideas or advice to point me in the right direction.

Anything you all have would be great!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users