As the title says, my FPS is being capped for the games that I play (League of Legends ~60FPS, OW~90FPS). I know that these numbers are more than sufficient, but these are well below what I normally get.
Here are my specs:
OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit
CPU: i5-6600K ~3.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980
Using a 144Hz Monitor as well.
Here are the solutions that I've tried:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling graphic drivers using DDU.
- Going to the NVIDIA control panel and making sure VSYNC is off.
- Updating Windows.
- Going to each program .exe and checking the "Disable fullscreen optimization option".
- Removing the Xbox app by using PowerShell.
- Disabling Game DVR and Game Mode in the Windows Settings.
- GPU temperatures are normal.
- Windows Power Options set to High Performance.
I've reformatted my PC 3-4 times. Each time it has worked in fixing my FPS issues, but it still eventually caps a few weeks later. Today, I reformatted my PC as a last minute solution and it didn't fix my FPS cap issues this time.
If anyone has any insight on this problem are shares this problem let me know. Any discussion is appreciated. Thanks!