Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Windows 10 Premiere Pro Export

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 havok2022

havok2022

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm getting the same BSOD when I try to export a video file from Primiere Pro CC. About 15% or so into the export, I get the clock_watchdog_timeout BSOD. 

Speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dN4RuIHsEvGQ25ZLLCfIYuh

Recent changes (which have had no impact on problem): Added 16GB RAM of same brand/type. Also added Samsung NVMe SSD via PCIe riser card. Neither had an impact on the net result. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 havok2022

havok2022
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Not sure if its just me, but I attached the .zip per instructions but don't see it. Added via dropbox in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmtuy5f69cv3ss7/SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip?dl=0

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

There is a memory dump at C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp

Please:
- zip it up and upload it to a free file-hosting service.  Then post a link to it here.
- please set your system to save minidumps:  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F5) dates from 2012.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and the outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?
The purpose of this question is to get you to evaluate your PSU.
- PSU's tend to get less efficient with age
- adding components over time may decrease the ability of the PSU to support the entire system (Maybe remove some stuff to see if that helps?)
- while you can measure the output of a PSU with a multimeter, the readings may change dramatically when the PSU is put under load.  PSU testing instructions (by dc3) here:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654994/pc-is-crashingfreezing-up-multiple-times-daily/page-2#entry4341756
- there's a free PSU test in the OCCT program at http://www.ocbase.com/

Lot's of Live Kernel Events without any corresponding BSOD events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report
This is often a sign of a hardware problem.

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.
FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
  - A - simtek.org memtest
  - B - Video memory stress test
  - C - Artifact Locator
  - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
  - E - Video Memory Stress Test
7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 havok2022

havok2022
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Having issues trying to zip up the memory dump. WinZip simply wont let me do it for some reason. Not sure why, just is simply running into an error or wont zip the file. 

I setup minidumps per your instructions. 

I just updated by BIOS to F9, latest stable release version (2014). 

My PSU is a Corsair HX750 and it was purchased around the same time as the rest of the components. 

I'll work through the hardware tests. 

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

There is a memory dump at C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp

Please:
- zip it up and upload it to a free file-hosting service.  Then post a link to it here.
- please set your system to save minidumps:  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F5) dates from 2012.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and the outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?
The purpose of this question is to get you to evaluate your PSU.
- PSU's tend to get less efficient with age
- adding components over time may decrease the ability of the PSU to support the entire system (Maybe remove some stuff to see if that helps?)
- while you can measure the output of a PSU with a multimeter, the readings may change dramatically when the PSU is put under load.  PSU testing instructions (by dc3) here:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654994/pc-is-crashingfreezing-up-multiple-times-daily/page-2#entry4341756
- there's a free PSU test in the OCCT program at http://www.ocbase.com/

Lot's of Live Kernel Events without any corresponding BSOD events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report
This is often a sign of a hardware problem.

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums
2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
  - A - simtek.org memtest
  - C - Artifact Locator

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Try to just upload the dump file to a file hosting service without zipping it.

Then post a link to it here.

FWIW - I don't like utilities like WinZip - as .zip functionality is built into Windows.
For other formats (such as .rar), I use Universal Extractor - a free app that I've used for years without problems

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 havok2022

havok2022
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Try to just upload the dump file to a file hosting service without zipping it.

Then post a link to it here.

FWIW - I don't like utilities like WinZip - as .zip functionality is built into Windows.
For other formats (such as .rar), I use Universal Extractor - a free app that I've used for years without problems

Heres a link to the folder with all the troubleshooting data. Let me know if the access works. I've added the mem dump file here, as well as results of the memtest. Working on backing up some data before I do the hard drive check. Will likely just do the SSD checks since I'm not using the platter drive for anything in the Premiere editing chain. Just for archiving after the fact. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jup8ee0f8oag7in/AAC3NTjIGpXBZ-wD1ntwCC0Ia?dl=0 

#7 havok2022

havok2022
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

Scanned both SSDs for errors. No errored blocks found. FurMark stabilized around 79.5 C and didn't exhibit any other issues. 

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

If the platter drive is connected to your system, you should run diagnostics on it.
A hardware problem can cause problems throughout a system even if the problem device isn't being used.

Are you still working on the rest of the tests?  If so, please let us know the results.

I tried to download the memory dump a couple of times.
Each time, it appears that it was corrupted.
I was only able to get the BSOD error out of it (STOP 0x101)

More info on that error here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000101

I suggest uninstalling the old drivers and then installing fresh copies of the most recent, W10 compatible drivers/software for:

- your BIOS
- all drivers for your system/motherboard from the manufacturer's website.
- all drivers for any attached devices that didn't come with the system/motherboard.
- all drivers for any software that didn't come with the system/motherboard.
Ensure that ALL are compatible w/Windows 10 (and that the system itself is compatible w/W10).

In the event that this doesn't fix the problem, then try these steps:

My suggested way to diagnose a hardware problem (3 steps):

Step #1)  Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

- A - simtek.org memtest
          - C - Artifact Locator

Step #2)  If all the tests pass, then try to perform a clean install of Windows:

A clean install is:
        - Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
        - The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
        - Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
        - NO 3rd party software is installed.
        - There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).
         - The BIOS/UEFI is updated to the latest available version (this presumes that the system is compatible w/Windows 10 also).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
        Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image.  You can also do this if you don't want to try another hard drive - yet you want to be able to return to the current system state.
        One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them [:(]
        Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
        But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
        The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
        You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
        - rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
        - rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
        - so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Step #3)  Then, if the clean install confirms the hardware problem, try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

#9 havok2022

havok2022
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

So, I updated the BIOS, and every driver I could find as well as some of the motherboard software. I decided to give it another go and the video exported! I'm too skeptical a person to confidently say this is resolved, but I'm going to try a few more exports and see what happens. Thanks for everyone's help thus far. I'll keep you posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users