Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

creators update windows 10 home: battery issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kartikeya28

kartikeya28

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

hi all, 

I have hp pavilion b202tu laptop which after getting creators update started showing battery problems. Battery was working fine in safe mode but otherwise machine was not even starting up without ac adapter. So i reset the pc to earlier windows 10 and issue got fixed. After some days on working on something else i allowed windows update and the same problem surfaced again. This time I used hp recovery to recover back to windows 8.1 (laptop was sold with 8.1 and later upgraded to 10). This recovery deleted all my data but fixed battery issue. Its like losing a part of yourself but i'm okay with it now (I appreciate the concern lol). I have two queries: 

1. I don't i can update to windows 10 now. Am i right? If wrong show me how to update.

2. In disk management I can see around 24 gb space named as recovery which is different from 24gb recovery of windows 8. Both are named as D but i can't access one. I guess that's windows 10 recovery. How can i access/delete it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

If a machine has ever had Windows 10 legally installed and activated on it you can reinstall Windows 10 at any time of your choosing.  The digital entitlement is stored on Microsoft's servers and is linked to a unique identifier related to the motherboard in the machine.

You can use Disk Management under Windows or a third-party utility such as MiniTool Partition Wizard or EaseUS Partition Manager to delete, merge, rearrange, etc., partitions on your hard drive.   Do not ever do this, though, unless you have taken a full system image that you can use to recover from in case something goes wrong or you accidentally do something wrong when working with the partitions.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 kartikeya28

kartikeya28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

thanks britechguy

how can i install windows 10?

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Page, download the Media Creation Tool, and run it to create either a bootable USB thumb drive for Windows 10 or to download the ISO file for Windows 10 which you then need to use a utility to burn to bootable media, be it a DVD or a USB thumb drive.

I generally prefer to download the ISO.   The reason for this is I have had the Media Creation Tool "burp" at the stage where the ISO download has completed and it's creating the bootable USB drive but hasn't finished that step.  When this happens you have to start all over again because the ISO itself is somewhere out there in your collection of temp files or has been deleted.   If I have the ISO file myself I can use Rufus if I wish to create a bootable USB or Anyburn (or other utility of your choosing) to create a bootable DVD [if the ISO will fit, it's getting bigger these days so it may not] and if either one of those utilities has an issue for some reason all I need to do is try again.

The download time for the ISO file is what takes the most time regardless of whether you're going "direct to bootable USB" or just saving the ISO for use with a bootable burning utility.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users