Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc case km84 mercury,case fans help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 somethingelse

somethingelse

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

hi i am having this http://www.mercury-pc.com/images/pr_ca/KM/pr_casing_km8... pc case
for now i using it open case thers no case fans at all,i want to close it with proper case fans cooling the motherboard chips , as when i touched the southbrigde its 1 second touch hottterrr,than northbridge,mine is refurbished asus p5ql pro,very old system e2180 cpu for now,2 gb ram ,gt730 ddr5 zotac garphics,planing to buy xeon modded cpu 5450 with good aftermarket cpu cooler later,but before i want to put case fans to cool the mobo,pls give som suggetion,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

I would have picked a better case to be very honest. I can't even pull up any specs on it to even begin to recommend fan sizes, etc. 

Only option really is to wait for it to arrive, measure the fan slots to find out what sizes, how many you need, and shop for some. I personally use Hydro Bearing fans, I love how quiet they are although they do tend to have a shorter life, are more expensive than, say, a sleeve bearing fan; which can be a tad louder but cheaper. There's really no wrong answer to what fan you use, its mostly personal preference. If you can post the fan sizes needed by that case when you get it, I could give some better, more detailed recommendations. 

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:47 AM

thanks for replying, this is how my pc runs for almost a year now,these are the pics,hope this means somthing ..

https://ibb.co/kgvBCG
https://ibb.co/eKs2Kw
https://ibb.co/hH1ORb
https://ibb.co/eh8sKw
https://ibb.co/jNZGew
https://ibb.co/e3aBCG

#4 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Yikes,

I've never had the side off of any of my PCs while running it, ever. It's alright in an emergency if you're PC is running hot but it lets so much dust it over time which will, ironically enough, heat up the computer yet again. If you're having cooling issues buy a proper gaming case, any mid tower should do, and put a couple extra well placed fans inside and close it! 

The nice thing about PC cooling is if you can get that nice negative air flow, it discourages dust build up. Unless it has fan filters (which I highly recommend) then dust build up becomes rare.

Tips:

-Keep the PC at least 1 foot off the ground, especially if you have pets.

-Try to have 1 more fan pushing out than in.

-The air should flow from the front and/or bottom front and flow through and up out the back (or top too depending on the case)

At the end of the day though, I'd suggest saving your cash and using it to go buy some new. Your equipment is severely out of date, there's little point throwing money at it. If you're not comfortable building one have someone do it for you, or buy a pre-built.

nIDwkQT.gif

#5 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

my temps cpu - 30-35   gpu 33    harddrive 41  motherboard it shows 41,i dont which one it is,wen i touch northbridge i can touch for 2-3 secsand continue the heat for more than tat ,southbridge is too hot jus 1 sec or 2 sec ...i don  have any fans for inlet or outlet now,these temps surely gonna rise like hellfire in summer after 2 months here,i have to get ready,so i am trying to buy fans first for my heat sinks which i can try to blow on them directly,i am ready to clean mobo once a month,but i cant afford a new pc case...i am on a very tight budget,have to buy a e5450 xeon and a cooler for it etc...will the 120mm fans blowing on the face of motherboard will help me i mean 2 fans for example..its jus this southbridge i am worried now...as temps in bios and softwares r ok even playing cs1.6(this is wat i play most..hehe)

Edited by somethingelse, 07 January 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

I will suggest getting another case if possible.

I know money is an issue for some piople but it looks so terrible from the pics I have seen.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#7 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Have you read my post? The point is to have a flow of air from the front out the back/top/sides. No, pointing fans at your motherboard is not going to help. It may seem like it does at first but once those components start to heat up those fans are just going to be disrupting the flow of air and blowing hot air all over the case, becoming counter productive. Having the case wide open may help a bit, but its not anywhere near as efficient as a properly cooled, closed case.

Heres a diagram for air flow as a quick guide.

Attached File  3E3C0CD3-0E18-4B5A-8CD8-B6D1DA1753A2.png   772.39KB   0 downloads

I would strongly suggest finding another case. Something with a newer fan placement style. You might think a case is expensive but hardware failing due to heat will likely cost more to replace.

Heres a decent case Id recommend: Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel / Plastic Compact ATX Mid Tower Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-139-018

It only comes with 1 front 120m and one rear 120mm but an extra $20-$30 could add a few more.

Edited by C0bra, 07 January 2018 - 07:00 PM.

nIDwkQT.gif

#8 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

ok...can i try to fix a fan in front as u see in pic thers a space not below but at top ,then how about i turn the case upside down,so the front fan wil be down now...jus asking,not being adament...hehe thanks friends

#9 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

No no no no no. 

Just buy a new case! That thing is a mess!

nIDwkQT.gif

#10 somethingelse

somethingelse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

haha ya it is,thanks ,i will start the hunt soon before somthing gets fried..

#11 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

I suggested a case above. It’s quite cheap too and should do the trick!

nIDwkQT.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users