Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for perfect Backup Solution for Mac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan_Cole

Dan_Cole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Hello everyone, 

My name is  Daniel and I am looking for a perfect backup solution for Mac email clients. I completely agree that Time Machine is the best option to backup on Mac but not for emails. I am more focused on emails, their attachments, address books and contacts. I want to only focus on email backup as my business is so. I run a couple of email clients, one is apple mail and other is outlook 2016 for mac. So is there any app like Time Machine that only focusses on Email Backup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KennethCoblentz

KennethCoblentz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Hello Daniel,

Time Machine is the best and free solution for backup on mac, it not only backs up the entire system but also the emails. To only backup emails, you will have to setup TIme machine and check out other marked locations to be backed up. However, there are multiple backup solutions that are available as an alternative to Time Machine but unfortunately but they are paid apps and you can find them any search engine with "Alternative to Time Machine" as the search input. 

Some backup queries have come up earlier too on this forum, you can have a look at them if they are of help:

#3 Dan_Cole

Dan_Cole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

Hello Daniel,

Time Machine is the best and free solution for backup on mac, it not only backs up the entire system but also the emails. To only backup emails, you will have to setup TIme machine and check out other marked locations to be backed up. However, there are multiple backup solutions that are available as an alternative to Time Machine but unfortunately but they are paid apps and you can find them any search engine with "Alternative to Time Machine" as the search input. 

Some backup queries have come up earlier too on this forum, you can have a look at them if they are of help:

I am not trusting on Time Machine anymore. These links were quite helpful. Thanks

#4 macuser

macuser

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

carbon copy cloner works well and creates bootable backups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users