Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problem with Kingston thumbdives in Linux but not Windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

I've been experiencing problems with Kingston thumbdrives in Linux for over a year now but not Windows. Kingston thumbdrives tend to be slower and clunky in Linux for some reason I even tried entering: sudo tee /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_memory_mb >/dev/null <<<0 in the terminal, with little noticeable change. The only thing I can think it could be is when I had the small surge go through my desktop when I was on my Linux HDD, maybe the Linux HDD is starting fail. Because whenever I use one of my Kingston thumbdrives on my Windows HDD I don't experience any issues for example I have this Kingston thumbdrive that has some ISO files on it and when I try putting it into the USB 3.0 port on Linux it doesn't recognize it but if put it into the USB 2.0 port it recognizes it, but in Windows this isn't a problem.

What do you think? Is my Linux HDD starting to fail? Or is there some other issue here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users