Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD in normal mode, stable in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Afrobatics

Afrobatics

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

my sysnative file collection is too big to attach to this post

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/B8ADIoyxcxAqZZcjvWqspE7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

We need the Sysnative files.

Please see if you can create 2 or 3 zip files out of the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder; attach separately to a single post or create 2,3,4+ posts if necessary.

We cannot help you without those files.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 04 January 2018 - 11:03 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 Afrobatics

Afrobatics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp1.zip   1.83MB   3 downloads

#4 Afrobatics

Afrobatics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:15 AM

The rest of the file collection, are just mini dumps. They are too big to even upload individually.(The upload limit says 221kb). I've ran numerous memtests. Both of my sticks came back with 0 errors on 15 passes. My old hard drive did have a bad sector, though i replaced it now 7 or 8 months ago. it did not however fix this issue. I've also had my motherboard sent in for repair, it was sent back with a result of no errors. So, maybe it's still a driver issue?

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Hi there,

I'll be stepping in for jcgriff2.

The minidumps are quite "random," with bugchecks varying here and there. Some explicitly blame hardware, while others blame your NVIDIA graphics driver, nvlddmkm.sys. Hence I would suggest you reinstall your NVIDIA graphics driver as the first troubleshooting step. Use the driver version supplied by your subvendor, ASUStek http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/nVidia/NVDriver_388.43_Win10X64bit_20171219.zip?_ga=2.12585587.572418617.1515196891-1188943487.1515196891 If there is any option to execute a custom (advanced) installation, please do so and on the screen that appears after, uncheck all other components (that includes 3D, HD Audio drivers, etc.) save for the graphics driver and the PhysX System software (feel free to uncheck this also if you're not a gamer). Also, check the clean install box, which will revert any settings you had previously.

If problems persist, you may wish to try these older driver versions and see whether if they do any tricks, repeating the above procedure.

There is a newer BIOS version for your motherboard, that is supposed to fix some graphics card problems. Thus, I would suggest you update your BIOS.

Your "new" SSD is overheating at 50°C and is therefore triggering a S.M.A.R.T. warning. No SSD should be running at that temperature, unless you live in the Sahara desert. Given the absurd temperature of the SSD, I suspect the other hardware components of your computer are overheating. Please monitor your temperatures and see whether if my guess is correct. You may also consider updating your SSD firmware, just in case of the strange case of a temperature sensor software bug (which actually does happen — I've seen motherboards running at -18°C!).

What is the make/model/wattage of your power supply? Be sure to open your case and blow out any dust and foreign contaminants with compressed air. I would also put your graphics card on another PCI-E slot, of course ensuring the slots are free of foreign objects. Sometimes dust gets into these connections wreaking havoc.

Beyond that, if the above suggestions are not of help, please start these hardware diagnostics. www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html The tests which are of special interest are Prime95's blend test and the graphics card tests.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 Afrobatics

Afrobatics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

While I'm working on this troubleshooting list. You should take a look at the last topic i started about the windows 7 BSOD. This is actually the same machine, just discovered it had a non-genuine version of windows 7 on it. I purchased a copy of windows 10 last summer to rectify that. The dump files in my previous topic may shed some more light on the issue. In the meantime though, i will work with what you have suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users