Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Church files - need help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 songbird70ca

songbird70ca

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Hello,

All my files in my shared directory have this new extension on them and I can't open anything up. (the red is the new part)

Voices United CD ROM Worship Planner.lnk.gigahertz

I can't open any files.  This ministers computer won't open anything at all.  If you try to have it open with a different 'app' all the files change to that icon.

I'm afraid that the server is going to start infecting the other computers as it has the ministers.

Do you have any idea what has happened?

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise.

Edited by hamluis, 04 January 2018 - 04:26 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Moved to Ransomeware
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Is .gigahertz the extension that was added? If so, is it the same for each encrypted file or is it different?
Did you find any ransom notes and if so, what is the actual name of the note?
Did the cyber-criminals provide an email address to send payment to? If so, what is the email address?

The best way to identify the different ransomwares is the ransom note (including it's name), samples of the encrypted files, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, information related to any email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to request payment and the malware file responsible for the infection.

You can submit (upload) samples of encrypted files, ransom notes and any contact email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to
ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections. Any contact email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the criminals may also be helpful with identification. If ID Ransomware cannot identify the infection, you can post the case SHA1 it gives you in your next reply for Demonslay335 to manually inspect the files.

Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executable's (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted (uploaded) here with a link to this topic. There is a "Link to topic where this file was requested" box under the Browse button...it's best to compress large files before sharing. Doing that will be helpful with analyzing and investigating by our crypto malware experts.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Amigo-A

Amigo-A

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

Ransomware who use the extension .gigahertz is identified as the new version of Stroman Ransomware.

Extension: .gigahertz
Sum ransom: $700
Email: BM-2cSs3qfF5wo1x6EQbsXJX3nwkzJwYx9R98@bitmessage.ch
Ransom note: info.txt
Ransom text: 
Your data set are encrypted.
We can help decrypted files.
Price for full decrypt all files $700 usd
You will get decrypt soft + personal key + manual.
For recover your files - contact us email:
BM-2cSs3qfF5wo1x6EQbsXJX3nwkzJwYx9R98@bitmessage.ch
Please use public email for contact: gmail etc.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files
You can send us 1-2 encrypted files and we will send back it in a decrypt format FREE.
For download files use only dropmefiles.com not more then 10 Mb
Send us an email:
1.Personal ID
2.link dropmefiles.com
after wait decrypted files and further instructions.
Personal ID:
Not use false encryption key, it cause pernament data loss
You can send a message within 72 hours, or the price will be more.

My projects: Digest "Crypto-Ransomwares" + Anti-Ransomware Project (In Russian) + Google Translate Technology

Have you been attacked by a Ransomware? Report here. Знаете русский язык? Пишите мне на русском. Помогу. 

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Since the infection has been identified, rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if victims posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the below support topic discussion.To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users